Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,810   Online: 846

Shooter
    Multi Format

Use Panchromatic Duplicating Film for 35mm camera.

Hello,
    I've just got an old 2000ft Kodak 5234, and I am wondering, if I can use it with my 35mm camera, and get a B/W picture? It seems like, there is not much information about this film.
    Best regards,
    Thinh.

Shooter
    35mm
    For what it's worth, the Kodak tech info is here...

It isn't orthochromatic (so you can't use a red safelight to play with it in the darkroom) so that might be ok in a camera body - but "low-speed" is a bit vague, in the documentation! The base is grey, but if it isn't very dark perhaps you could try contact printing a neg to make a positive, though that would be better done with the positive release-print film. For pictorial Gamma, from the PDF, it looks like about six minutes in D-96 at 21C, but that would depend a lot on exposure I suppose - not to mention the age and storage of the film. Try it and see, and make lots of notes so you know what might have worked on a test roll. Good luck!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Based on that datasheet speed would be around 0.7 ISO for tungsten lighting. Due to the oldfashioned high-blue sensitivity a yellow filter would be advisable to be more in line with modern camera-films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin