Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,074   Online: 1068

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: Tri-X vs. T-Max

Shooter
    35mm
    Where grain is concerned, there was a time netween the last Tri-X reformulation and the introduction of TMY-2. I am not the only person who found that with certain developers Tri-X had finer grain than TMY. Things changed when TMY-2 appeared. It has finer grain than the current Tri-X. As far as tonality, contrast etc. are concerned, that's up to each user.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I can't seem to do that. One of the (admittedly a smaller one, but still a reason) reasons I tend to shoot more and more medium format is that 36 exposures is just too darned many. I end up with a roll of film in the camera for weeks, sometimes months. 12 shots in my Yashicamat or 15 in my 645 are a lot more reasonable for me. YMMV of course. I do load shorter loads of bulk film.
    Yeah, I agree, long rolls suck.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For my money, the "newest" and current Tri-X and the "newest" and current TMY-2 are way closer to one another than the previous versions of each were. Looks to me like Tri-X has a bit more grain and a bit less shadow detail (toe falls off faster). The tendency of the previous TMY to blow highlights seems to be gone, as is the tendency to reproduce thin mid-tones.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin