Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,421   Online: 850

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've used Rodinal 1:50 with both Efke 25 & 100 (4X5 on both & 2X3 for latter) with very good results - some of my best negs so far. Good appearance with enlargement (my max is 16X20 prints).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    Have any of you Rodinal afficienados tried PC-TEA? I'm curious to know how you would compare it to Rodinal. I find that it possesses all of the positive characteristics of Rodinal, and none of the negative,
    Jay
    as they say in missouri, "show me"! }:^)>
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    35mm Efke 100
    Rodinal 1+50 9min gave a nice negative with "normal" grain,
    have to test it in DDX.. anyone has tried that combo?
    Last edited by titrisol; 12-30-2004 at 08:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Images
    I printed that R50 in Rodinal 1:50 this evening. It could have used a bit more contrast but a small boost in dev. time will fix that on my next roll. Tone and grain look very nice. I'm down to my last few rolls and have been avoiding the JandC site (Too many temptations there) but I guess it is about time to put in an order. (Oh my achin' credit card )

Here's a scan of a print for what it's worth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apple.jpg  
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I printed that R50 in Rodinal 1:50 this evening. ...
    Nnnnnnice apple from the Big Apple (?). I'm getting quite fixed on those high dilutions of rodinal in certain situations.

Images
    I've like R50 in FG7 too. Nice tone. I'm going to play with it in
    Rodinal for a while though.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like the 100 in microdol 1+3 and the 25 in rodinal has been good to me too. I have a post of each in my gallery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    Oh, you like the grain, loss of emulsion speed, and long development times. Nevermind. Enjoy.

Jay
    LOL Jay, Each to their own as they say, some like sugar with their coffee and some like sharp salt and pepper grain with their prints .... mmmm that's me on both counts I've used it with speeds as low as 25 and as high as Tmax P3200 and Delta 3200, I just love the look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PMK or Pyrocat

At the risk of offending those among us who are Rodinalians, I've had good luck with both PMK pyro and Pyrocat-HD.

Efke 25 is incredible for its sharp grainless prints, which can be enlarged from 35mm shots. Efke 100 has a much longer tonal scale, but it does show some grain. I've settled on 25 for low contrast shots and 100 for larger film sizes or high contrast lighting situations. The PMK does tend to help mask grain and give a smoother rendition of tonality, but shadow values are degraded somewhat due to the general stain.

The enclosed chrome shot is a 35mm enlargement to 5x7 done with PMK. The print looks better than the scan, but I think you can see how nice tonality and acutance are, even in this harsh contrast situation. This would not be my first choice now, as the 100 would be better with respect to tonality, but Efke films are a great bargain with respect to flexibility and print quality.

The desert shot is a bit longer in scale and is also a 35mm shot. Sorry about the lousy scan, but you get the idea. Both of these images were done in PMK pyro. I've recently made a change to Pyrocat, so I'm still working on times with these two films, but I like what I'm getting already. Perhaps this weekend I'll have something else to post with pyrocat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Would someone tell me if D76 would work with such a film? I´m in Brazil, and my acces to devs is very limited... And I always wanted to buy Efke!
    André Ferreira.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin