Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,927   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got the original 1983, too. Can anyone summarize what basic additions were made in the second edition? The projects of the first edition seemed very complete in testing and interpretation so I'm assuming he added some new test topics?
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by craigclu View Post
    Can anyone summarize what basic additions were made in the second edition?
    Hi can't really say for sure without seeing a 1st edition, but the Foreword seems to tell a lot. He says,

I decided to embark on a rather ambitious program of studying grain, granularity, acutance... Accordingly I obtained a microdensitometer.
    In addition to the new chapter on grain, granularity, acutance, and resolving power, I have added a new chapter on Safety in the Photographic Laboratory.
    More thorough treatment of the subjects of film speed and exposure meters was given.
    It seems these would have been the major changes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    get it if you can and sell your 1st edition, it shouldn't be hard to get rid of it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin