Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,803   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you've got Delta 3200, use it! Just don't develop in Rodinal unless you like big clumpy grain.

I typically use D3200 at 1600, and develop in DDX at times recommended for 3200 speed. TMax should give you similar results.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=17089
    Last edited by sly; 12-24-2012 at 11:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added link to photo

Shooter
    35mm
    Well the deed is done now, Kent. Let us know what you chose and how the negs turned out. Better still scan them and let us have a look

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The candle light part of the service is very short- only about 2 minutes. In addition, the candles are lit by ushers on the end of a pew, then each person turns and lights the next person's candle, etc. So the light level is constantly changing throughout the hymn, and it is not until the last verse that everyone raises their candles that the light level is fairly steady. I didn't think this would be so challenging! I shot 2 frames on AEL mode and other 8 in manual at 1/2, 1/4, 1,8 1/15, and 1/30 sec on aperture of f/4. I was able to sqeeze a small tripod in on the front row of the balcony. All in all, it was a fun exercise and I'm probably going to develop the film in tMax developer today following the massive development chart app recommendations. I ordered a V700 scanner from Adorama but it has not arrived yet, so I will scan the negs in a few days and get back to everyone.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Kent
    Last edited by BardParker; 12-25-2012 at 01:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is one of the first negs of Delta 3200 @ 3200 developed in tMax developer for 8:30. Mamiya 7, 65mm f/4 lens, 1/8sec, tripod.

[IMG] img001.jpg by KentWebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

New V700, Straight scan,

I'm open to suggestions...

Regards,

Kent

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Candlelight Church Service--what film and developer?

Quote Originally Posted by BardParker View Post
    Here is one of the first negs of Delta 3200 @ 3200 developed in tMax developer for 8:30. Mamiya 7, 65mm f/4 lens, 1/8sec, tripod.

New V700, Straight scan,

Regards,

Kent
    Looks good, you chose wisely going with the 3200 @ 3200, I think the candle looks blown out but its to be expected and the people are a little dark but the overall scene looks really nice. Can we see the 1/2 and 1/4 and 1/16 (or was it 1/30?)

I can't seem to figure out the difference between the AE and AEL and I'm always afraid I'll lock the exposure then get stuck with it haha

I did figure out the getting past 1600 on the Mamiya.. I still can't understand why they don't just have that as an option.. Why they limited to 1600 and not 3200...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

[ img001.jpg by KentWebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

New V700, Straight scan,

Regards,

Kent
    Maybe try reducing contrast and printing a bit darker. Might get more detail from the candle light.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lovely shot! Glad it worked out so well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi!
    try kodak tri-x at 2000ASA
    in dektol 1:4 24cel about 68-farhrenheit
    for stater at 4 min with 5 sec agitation every 60sec
    along wash in water stop bath this is so the developer is still
    in the film emulsion wash it slowly
    1 min wash bath with full agitation 60 sec dump, and refill with water - full agitation 60 sec dump-repeat 3times
    [also if you let the wash bath sit there is a difference...
    fix, wash, and dry!

I think a lot is based on your equipment lens camera ...etc..

Shooter
    35mm

New V700, Straight scan,

Regards,

Kent
    Brad that's a fabulous pic.
    Just gorgeous!
    The candles effect is particularly spectacular!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin