Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,655   Online: 1261

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I know it's solved but this is specifically the Digital ICE feature being left on, just to confirm, it won't happen as long as you have Digital ICE turned off / unchecked
    On this scanner, a HP Scanjet 4850, it has dust removal (but not ICE) - even with this turned off it still produces the effect (albeit less so) - whereas Vuescan on the same scanner does not. I can't say that I'm impressed with HP.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

First (and badly) developed film for 25 years - need advice

Quote Originally Posted by fish95th View Post
    On this scanner, a HP Scanjet 4850, it has dust removal (but not ICE) - even with this turned off it still produces the effect (albeit less so) - whereas Vuescan on the same scanner does not. I can't say that I'm impressed with HP.
    Hmm well HP as a company has been low quality since it bought up gateway and never returned from that.

As far as the program, there must be a function in the menus that you aren't seeing that's causing the DICE to function. You did say its on color negative which CAN take advantage of Digital ICE so perhaps it's automatically on for that setting....

I found the PDF instructions.

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00437630.pdf

But you are right there isn't much for options.

My only other suggestion is to scan as a transparency and invert the image from negative to positive in post.

I've heard viewscan is great, I have Silverfast but I can't figure it out honestly it's a terribly non-intuitive program, so I've gone back to the supplied Epson scan program which seems to work much easier, so I hope viewscan isn't as complicated as Silverfast...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fish95th View Post
    Near Wallingford. If you look on my Flickr space you may recognise the local scenery! It's all since I returned to using film a few months ago - plus some slides from the 80s. How about yourself?
    I'm just South of Banbury, the other end of the county.
    Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin