Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,157   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got those for my reading glasses. sweet.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So..do you think I'm OK with fogging neg up with breath and just wiping down glasses cloth? Or should I go throught the process of dip and dunk with distilled water, photo-flo, and then dry?

Todd

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    So..do you think I'm OK with fogging neg up with breath and just wiping down glasses cloth? Or should I go throught the process of dip and dunk with distilled water, photo-flo, and then dry?

Todd
    OK with breath and wipe, which should solve the problem.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great.. I love the idea about adding distilled water rinse in the final stages of film devloping. I'll be doing that on the next roll.

ToddB

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I learned to keep a Tupperware (or similar) container full of distilled water. After a batch of negatives is washed in water, I put a capful of isopropyl alcohol and 1 drop of Photo Flo in the water, stir, and rinse the negs before hanging to dry. No water spots, few dust spots as long as I get out of the darkroom and let the film dry. I reuse the same water over and over again, adding new alcohol and Photo Flo each time. The alcohol helps the water evaporate from the film more quickly, and I think also keeps mutant life forms from growing in the Photo-Flo enriched water.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How oz of water in Tupperware. I mixed photo-flo as directed on bottle for a gallon.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey guys,

how do get off water water spots off a negative? I re-rinsed the neg in photo-flo solution and then when it dries, I have a few annoying water spots. Is it possible I need to make up another batch of photo-flo? I've had this batch for a while.

ToddB
    I use photo-flo one-shot and follow religiously the manufacturer indications, using distilled water.
    I've never had a single problem that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update.. I landed up making up a new batch of photo-flo. Film still drying but looks good. What a pain.

Toddb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Update.. I landed up making up a new batch of photo-flo. Film still drying but looks good. What a pain.

Toddb
    Why do you make up batches of photo-flo?

It is far more prudent to use photo-flo for a day and then dump it.

Photo-flo is incredibly cheap and used, working strength photo-flo is a great environment to grow mould.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great question.. Thats the way I was taught.. I guess I could entertain the idea of doing it more effciantly. Explain your process? I have a Petersan two reel tank doing 120. How does your reciepe work? Oz, eye dropper water.. ect?

Todd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin