Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 712

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    oh yeah, that's pretty common with the 3000b. They solarise quite easily, especially if you've developed for shorter than the recommended time and the image hasn't completely developed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The thing with these FP films by Fuji is that once you pull the develop sheet, even if it's not been developed as instructed yet, it will still continue to develop and darken for a few more seconds. Atleast this is my expirience. You may pull the development after 8 seconds instead of the instructed 15, but the end result will just be an overexposed/poorly exposed frame in the end. There is no way to "pull" the film like you would with rollfilm. If I wanted to lower contrast on, say, a roll of Ilford Delta 3200, I'd expose it at a lower iso value and develop for a shorter time. But since the development time of the Fuji FP-3000B is allready so short, measured in mere seconds (and after you pull the develop sheet, as previously stated, it continues to darken the blacks), I dont think this will be as easy as one would think...

But then again, I could be completely wrong..?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is an old post, but thought I would ad my current experience with this film.
    This film is self terminating, meaning you don't have to peel the film at the recommended time. If you wait several minutes or longer you will minimize the solarizing issue if you want to scan the neg, which to me is one of the real reasons to use the film. The paper neg is lower contrast, scans fairly well, and with a boost in contrast and clarity can get a nice image with a unique look and character. The problem with the negatives is that they are delicate and can take a long time to dry. My process is to usually shoot and pull a number of the films, and not peel them until I get to my car or back home. I let them dry for a day, then they are good to scan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin