Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,101   Online: 952

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Kodak chart in a PLI of that era says D-76, undiluted for 11 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Developing times for 60 year old film.

I've been shooting some HP3 from 1963 at 12 ASA and developing for modern HP5+ times. Not bad, fogged and grainy but a neat look.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Good to hear, what TIMES did you use? Thanks!
    Sorry 'bout that…

I started with the time listed for Plus-X (what Ilford's sheet calls Kodak 125 TX), which was a base of 5 minutes at 68ºF. Dropping the temp to 64ºF gave me a 6 minute development time. Ilford Rapid Fixer calls for a 5 minute fix time—I increased that to six minutes as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hgernhardt View Post
    Sorry 'bout that…

I started with the time listed for Plus-X (what Ilford's sheet calls Kodak 125 TX), which was a base of 5 minutes at 68ºF. Dropping the temp to 64ºF gave me a 6 minute development time. Ilford Rapid Fixer calls for a 5 minute fix time—I increased that to six minutes as well.
    So 1:9
    64°
    6 minutes

Sweet!

*runs to sink*

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Instant Gratification!!

I can't believe some of this...

1947!!!

Super curly film...

I'm actually impressed with the fact the film is so curly but the pressure plate seems to have kept everything nice an flat even at the corners (something my No. 1 Autographic seems REALLY bad at) then again this [EDIT: Kodak Jiffy Six 16 :END EDIT] is a much newer camera... Probably closer to the age of the film, the No. 1 is around 1915/1920's

Some base fog for sure, but my calculations for exposure seem fairly on track, the two shots I took at the "I" setting are blank, so I'm glad for my 30-ish second exposures.

Well that's it, thanks to the above poster for the info on process times, I think I may try the other developer, but I would like to see the other posters results as a film and print/scan to see how they differ to the ID-11 developer image as perhaps the base fog is better with Ilfsol 3.

This was fun...

I extended the fixer a lot just to be sure. Final times...

Yay APUG!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    VERY cool! Looking forward to seeing the scans...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    VERY cool! Looking forward to seeing the scans...
    Me too haha, I hope they are scan-able, SUPER curly...

They were also balanced on a rock and my car roof since the stupid jiffy doesnt even have a tripod mount even though it has a T exposure setting (thank goodness) at 30-ish second exposures in a camera that appears to have a cardboard shutter... Haha, so I'm wondering how much camera shake there was...

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To get rid of, or at least decrease the curve, roll the film emulsion side out and let it stay so for at least day. Or two. I have similar curling problems with some of those CN17 films as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    To get rid of, or at least decrease the curve, roll the film emulsion side out and let it stay so for at least day. Or two. I have similar curling problems with some of those CN17 films as well.
    Wait were you the person I was speaking with about using C-41 for CN17 but with 20 degree temps as to not damage the emulsion?

Also, would you do this before scanning? I'm a little worried, I totally forgot to use hardener in the fixer because I don't usually use it, I bought a batch of kodak rapid fix wit hardener additive but it's a giant bottle (probably for machines) and I don't want to crack it till I get some other storage containers.

Anyway, probably at least test scanning soon, it's dried and I can't resist....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Results... sort of...

This isn't the final scan, but I wanted to do a test run and "show off" hehe. I'm going to play with the height if I can figure out a good way to, as they don't make (or I don't know where to get) a 116/616/70mm holder for my epson, I have to use the 120 betterscanning holder and glass and sort of fiddle with it and put it in funky places... it usually seems to get me something better than nothing, this seems to be severely "blurry" but I can't tell if it's just the focus point, or the emulsion that because of the age doesn't take to light well, or what, so I give you the

"RAW Scan"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verichromerawscan-1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	61919

And also a slightly touched up scan using Lightroom 4, but nothing I couldn't have done in the printing process if I had (and knew how to use) a darkroom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verichromerawscan-2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	61920

Thanks to everyone, this was a really amazing day for me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verichrome-raw-scan.jpg   Verichrome-small-adjustment.jpg  
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 12-30-2012 at 02:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to make them "true B&W"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin