Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,042   Online: 835

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looking for a Proficient Darkroom Printer

I'm new to APUG and am liking it so far. This seems to be a popular B&W "room" so I'll post my request here. Please, redirect me if there is another room for this request.
    I shoot 35mm medium format B&W but do not have access to facilities for development or printing. I would like to find an individual that does this type of work on a professional "fine arts" level of proficiency. I realize there are professional labs in various places around the country but my preference is an individual. I'm based in the Southeast - Alabama. The closer the better but professionalism and proficiency is the name of the game. I welcome referrals.

At this point I am considering someone in Nashville but would like to have more to consider.

Billion003@aol.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was going to offer as I'm not far from Birmingham, then I saw you're in Alabama. Might help if your profile reflected that your in the US

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    William, my name is Don DeGroat, and I might have the background that would interest you. When I was younger, I owned a commercial B/W lab in the L.A. area. We only took photographers that we thought we could help enhance their work through painstaking casre in the darkroom.

I prefer to work with Ilford Fiber paper, but am very adadaptable. We can also dry mount but have found that shipping prints rolled in a tube is both cheaper and probects the prints from mishandling in transit.

Please feel free to contact me at lightwisps@yahoo.com

I wish you luck and happy shooting.

Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I was going to offer as I'm not far from Birmingham, then I saw you're in Alabama. Might help if your profile reflected that your in the US

Ian
    Alas Ian we can't all be from the better Birmingham or better still the Black Country and No folks, that's nowhere near the Black Hills.

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin