Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,367   Online: 799

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So now the other question. Is there anything that can be done in printing that can fix some of the images that only have one or two spots?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Anytime you have darker spots (like you have), it is practical to "spot" on the negative to make the area lighter on the print. Then on the print use spotting dye to camoflage the retouching better.

But the big spots like you have may prove challenging. Especially if they are in the skies. If they are in bushes or some other area that is easy to camoflage, you have a fighting chance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks I will look into that. It isn't like I have anything to lose. What would I use for spotting the negative.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The classic tool is pencil. Also there are dyes - a famous one is New Coccine. Or opaque. You might try a red watercolor.

Do the retouching on the base side so you can wipe it off if you make a mistake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin