Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,369   Online: 1012

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    "To many workers, the stop bath is merely a splash of acid in a vague amount of water. It should be compounded as directed.",
    Maybe that quote will convince some of you.

PE
    This has prompted me to ask the following:

1. Should we assume that the stop bath makers dilutions are correct for both paper and film or to be on the safe side should we increase the dilutions for film and if so to what?

2. Can we assume that if the stop bath has a colour indicator for exhaustion then we can use it until that colour change occurs even if the answer to point 1 is to use a lower dilution for film?

It's been a great discussion which I have enjoyed.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

We just have to keep at it a little longer!

Steve
    Steve,

It is best if you just ignore this thread and let those of us who are interested in the discussion carry on from here.

Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    this thread is almost as entertaining as the "deleted" thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Curt.

I've said all I wish to say and will no longer post in this thread.

Rest in peace.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I agree with Curt.

I've said all I wish to say and will no longer post in this thread.

Rest in peace.

PE
    To bad, because there is still the issue of the physical chemistry of diffusion of ions that needs to be cleared up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    This has prompted me to ask the following:

1. Should we assume that the stop bath makers dilutions are correct for both paper and film or to be on the safe side should we increase the dilutions for film and if so to what?

2. Can we assume that if the stop bath has a colour indicator for exhaustion then we can use it until that colour change occurs even if the answer to point 1 is to use a lower dilution for film?

It's been a great discussion which I have enjoyed.

Thanks

pentaxuser
    1) The manufactures really know what they are doing. Follow the directions.

2) The color indicator shows the pH. If the pH is off the color changes, so dump it then.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post

We just have to keep at it a little longer!

Steve
    Steve,

It is best if you just ignore this thread and let those of us who are interested in the discussion carry on from here.

Alan
    Alan,

I think there are some unanswered questions so that I why I posted that. The arguments were dead, but the information was still needed after the testosterone had dissipated.

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Stop bath should not be used with some developers. Pyro needs an alkaline archival fixer such as TF4 or TF5. Example, Rollo Pyro developer should not have stop bath used because it needs a fixer like TF-4 or TF-5 after a water wash.
    Sandy King has said that stop baths are not detrimental to pyro developer use. I've tested water bath vs. stop bath with PMK and found there is minimal differences in film densities between the two. (If you're curious, the stop bathed neg was lower in density in the denser steps than the water bathed neg by about 0.02 OD - probably simple variance in the method of the test, or perhaps the stop bath stopped the development sooner than the running water bath did.)

What's your proof for your statement?
    Last edited by Kirk Keyes; 07-23-2010 at 06:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Sandy King has said that stop baths are not detrimental to pyro developer use. I've tested water bath vs. stop bath with PMK and found there is minimal differences in film densities between the two. (If you're curious, the stop bathed neg was lower in density in the denser steps than the water bathed neg by about 0.02 OD - probably simple variance in the method of the test, or perhaps the stop bath stopped the development sooner than the running water bath did.)

What's your proof for your statement?
    The word of the master, Per Volquartz. I have never found him to be wrong and I do not waste my time testing every possibility in hopes I can raise my ego by finding a mistake.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin