Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 809

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any staining that takes place in film or paper may take years and years to show up. I have generally seen that bad stains take as little as 5 years to show up, and moderate stains take 15 - 20 years or more. So, don't talk about seeing no stains until you have looked at your prints in 20 years.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    The only staining developer I have used it Prescysol. It is advised to use an alkaline fix with this but I have seen no difference in my own negative with acid or alkaline.

I'm sure if there was a reduction of stain with an acid fix, it would be dependent upon the time spent in the fix.

Steve.
    That's the experience of many others, the stain isn't affected by the use of normal fixers ith pH's in the region of 5.2/5.4. Prescsol is a clone of Pyrocat HD so behave the same way.

I've run tests with prints processed in a Pyro developer and the stain is very stable and unaffected by fixer.

Just to quash another myth -stains from using Pyro developoers don't suddenly appear after a number of years. Stains particularly with FB prints do show up after time and that might be years from inadequate fixing/washing but that can happen with any developer.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin