Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,416   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tonal Separation (BTZS + Roll Film)

Roll Film: BTZS recommends to develop for 7 stops brightness range ignoring total SBR.

My confusion...

- Whether negatives developed that way will print on Grade 2 paper with good tonal separation, when total SBR = 7, total SBR < 7 and total SBR >7 ?

May be I am worrying little too much...
    Last edited by baachitraka; 01-02-2013 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The short answer is yes, it will.

Do you use multi-grade paper? Bare in mind that a filter number 2, does not necessarily mean that the ISO paper grade it produces on your paper, with your chosen paper developer, is going to be paper grade 2. Each filter number in a set only implies that it is supposed to increase the contrast from the next lowest filter number. It's entirely possible for example, for a #2 and a #3 filter to produce little in the way of a contrast change.
    Last edited by CPorter; 01-02-2013 at 09:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin