Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,074   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergrahm View Post
    Kodacolor X is C-22, so I wouldn't try to process it c-41. Don't know what c-22 involves myself, don't care to learn as it probably is more trouble than it's worth.
    Room-temperature C41 might result in absolutely usable image from C22 film.
    1962 expired 4x5 Kodak Ektacolor type S in C41, shot and processed in 2012:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Modifying developers for developing old film

Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post

That's really beautiful, temp and time? 20°C and what was the dev time?

Another poster did CN17 (or NK17? Ya know agfa color neg...) in C-41 at 20° and for 20 minutes, but yours seems to be a better color cast and exposure, so wondering about your version. Thanks!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's really beautiful, temp and time? 20°C and what was the dev time?

Another poster did CN17 (or NK17? Ya know agfa color neg...) in C-41 at 20° and for 20 minutes, but yours seems to be a better color cast and exposure, so wondering about your version. Thanks!

Yes, I have many alter egos around here posting under my name.

Ektacolor was developed for 20 minutes as well. Better color cast and exposure are just due the sheet being taken from factory-sealed package without much oxygen to ruin the film.
    Those Agfacolors, which are btw _not_ C22 films, are just plain 120 rolls and 135 cassettes exposed to much more oxygen and moisture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post

Very interesting. Ektacolor S is c-22? And was this film in cold storage? I'm using film that has already been exposed and has certainly not been stored properly.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your last post. That awesome you had sealed film. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on APUG that dyes in color film no longer work after a while, but I could be mistaken.
    Last edited by silvergrahm; 01-04-2013 at 08:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin