Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,191   Online: 976

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

A loooong lasting paper developer.

I need something that will last in the cupboard for quite awhile, say 2 years since I develop infrequently. I'd prefer not to mix anything as the scale is shot and that's that and I'd prefer a bottle of liquid developer. Thanks.
    Last edited by waynecrider; 01-05-2013 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ansco 130 kit from PhotoFormulary
    or
    LPD which I haven't used but there are threads here extolling it's keeping qualities

Shooter
    Multi Format

A loooong lasting paper developer.

Lpd rocks, but I think it does react to air so you need it in a filled up bottle, half filled bottles kinda get crushed in. But it lasts and last, you dilute to whatever blacks you want. Great stuff in a can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PF 130 from the Formulary is Ansco 130. No need to weigh anything; it all comes pre-weighed in individual packages. I mixed up my last stock in the spring of 2010; I still have two liters left and it works just fine. I use it because my print sessions are few and far between.

K

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What ever liquid developer you get, store it in full air-tight bottles. Many ways to do this -- transfer into smaller bottles (I do this with 5liter bottles of Ilford Universal PQ developer), add marbles to take up the air space, fill with an inert gas (from wine shops), etc.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use BW-65 from Photographers Formulary. The two solutions keep fairly long unmixed.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Liquidol! Think it ships for free* from Amazon to boot! Plus it was co-created by Apug'r Photo Engineer - Ron Mowrey!

*So long as your order is $25+ or you are an Amazon Prime member.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    If you decant any liquid paper developer out of say a 1 litre plastic bottle into individual dark brown or green GLASS bottles of 100cc then you will get your chemicals to last almost indefinitely, so long as they don't get too cold or the will precipitate out (Colour especially).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have been using the same mix of Ansco 130 for more than one year. 18 months now that i think about it. Not only does it give me stellar prints that really pop but it just keeps on lasting and lasting. I honestly wonder when it is going to die but so far I run a print batch, put it away and reuse next time I am in the mood. I strongly suggest getting the chemicals thru photo formulary either as raw chemicals and mixing it up as required or buying their kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ansco 130!
    AND it gets better as it ages
    AND you can process film in it !
    AND you can process paper negatives in it
    ( even when it is black as cocacola ! )

happy new year wayne !
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin