Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,227   Online: 897

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    By the way, I currently use a system of bottles that consists of 1 1/2 gallon bottle, 2 1 liter bottles, and 4 8 oz (250cc) bottles. Total, it'll store just about 5 liters. I start using from the smallest bottles. Once they are all empty, I decant larger to smaller. This way, all bottles are always full and exposure to fresh air happens 3 times at most and very briefly. Using this method, I had all developer last longer than 8 months.
    That's a neat trick.

As I was reading along I thought you were going to say that after you use an 8 ounce bottle the first week, you keep rolling so that you use a 1 liter bottle the next week and a half gallon the week after.

I don't know about you but the first quart lasts me a while... then the next three quarts seem to vaporize. (Because once I get going - I keep moving).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Xtol is a newer product, but from what I've read Kodak isn't making it any more, so you'd have to look for alternatives.
    Where did you read this? Xtol features pretty prominently in Kodak's line up. It would be pretty big news if they discontinued it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you're going to push Tri-X I suggest Diafine. Tri-X at 1250 looks pretty darn good and the 2 bath action prevents the highlights from just becoming empty blobs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

D-76 or XTOL for Tri-X

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    If you're going to push Tri-X I suggest Diafine. Tri-X at 1250 looks pretty darn good and the 2 bath action prevents the highlights from just becoming empty blobs.
    +1, or at 1600:

SF downtown night
    Rolleiflex 2.8E Planar
    Tri-X at 1600
    Diafine
    by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin