Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 811

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Neopan Acros 100 in FA-1027

Does anyone have development times for this combination? Also, any comments on the results? I couldn't find any info in the massive dev chart.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was interested in learning more about this developer also, but searched results are few and far between. Go on Flicker's site and search FA-1027 and you'll have an idea of what FA-1027 can do with many different films. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have read that FA-1027 is the same chemistry as Clayton F76+. If so, the Massive Dev Chart has the info I need. If anyone can confirm or deny that they are the same, I'd appreciate it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    I have read that FA-1027 is the same chemistry as Clayton F76+. If so, the Massive Dev Chart has the info I need. If anyone can confirm or deny that they are the same, I'd appreciate it.
    That's the $64,000.00 question! Is the person who said it's the same as F76+ reliable?????? I suppose it would be a good starting point, but only you will end up deciding, by trial and error, whether or not the developer works for you. What somebody else says is just a starting point. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anthony Guidice, who was the person who originally brought the FA-1027 developer to the market, claimed he had a chemist that made the developer specifically for 'Fine Art Photo Supply' (as the business was called before Photographers' Formulary bought the business).
    It's a good developer and the results remind me a lot of Ilfotec DD-X with lots of shadow detail and nice highlight contrast without sacrificing any mid-tone tonality and local contrast to get there. Why don't you try it for yourself and do a proper film test (which you ought to do anyway). First part of a film test is to establish effective film speed, which is exposure based and developing time doesn't actually affect very much. Once you have determined film speed with heavily bracketed exposures, you establish film developing time by adjusting until you have a negative contrast that suits your work flow. Nobody else can tell you what that developing time is going to be, but it will be the very best foundation for your future printing.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is anything like DD-X, try 7-8 minutes as a starting point for Acros at EI 64 using Ilford's agitation routine (one minute initial agitation followed by 10s/minute thereafter). Adjust from there by doing your own speed and development testing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    That's the $64,000.00 question! Is the person who said it's the same as F76+ reliable?????? I suppose it would be a good starting point, but only you will end up deciding, by trial and error, whether or not the developer works for you. What somebody else says is just a starting point. JohnW
    I agree! The information was from a post on Flickr, the author was seeking an answer to the same question, called Clayton, and Clayton confirmed to him that the formulas were identical.

I have no basis to believe or disbelieve it, aside from Thomas' comment.

That said, the Massive Dev Chart says the time for F76+ diluted 1+19 is 7:30, which lands right in the middle of Michael's recommendation. So it seems a good starting point for testing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You've now got a starting point. I enjoy tuning and tweaking an am myself testing Ilford Delta 100 in a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super camera. I'm testing for film speed with Crawley's FX-37 and Rodinal. It's going to be a great day! Have fun, JohnW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin