Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,272   Online: 831

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Emofin - Ultrafin

With a Toyo 5x7, I got plenty of small photographic stuff in the deal (and a Jobo cpa).

There are also two 1 liter bottles of Ultrafin and two packs (powder) of 1+1 liter of Emofin.
    I never tried these developers. Anybody who has hands-on experience with these? Currently I mostly use Xtol, Rodinal and HC110.

Thanks,
    Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I am a fan of Emofin. It is very good in developing the shadows. The low zone are kind of raised to give more contrast and the lights are slightly flattened out. So it is good when there is high contrasty situations which are difficult to control.
    Some say it increases the speed of a fil. I would say it uses the speed well but doesn't raise the thoretical speed. However since it gives the shadows a bit more it does there raise speed a bit. It is good for pushing. Some complain it gives soggy/soft grain. I find it fine. It is not as crisp as some other developers but for low light or cotrasty lighting it is very good.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I use Ultrafin at 1:20 and think it's a great developer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin