Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,755   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Folks. As usual, very thorough. I'll start with 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Foma is making Fomalux, special contact paper. Available in Sp grade only.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good Evening, Mark,

Start with what Ken says, slightly larger paper; with a little cheating, enough information from all ten frames can usually be squeezed on. Consider, however, that few of us get 10 exposures per roll which we actually want to print anyway. Sacrificing a worthless frame leaves 9 frames which will fit easily (strips of three, horizontally), even on an 8 x 10 sheet.

Konical
    This is the problem I have when I shoot. Since I bracket my shots for landscapes, I get three sets of three leaving the 10th picture with a choice to take without bracketing or not taking it. I usually take it anyway.

Images
    Good Evening, Allen,

I often do exactly the same thing. Of course, you can always save up those tenth frames until you have enough to fill up a separate contact sheet.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Folks, thanks for all the suggestions. I did get some Ilford 8 1/2 x 11 from B&H, and it is working out fine. I'm not happy about the wasted space on the 8 1/2 x 11 page, but it's better than wrestling with 8x10.

It's so much easier with 6x6, 6x9, 6x12, and 6x4 1/2

Cheers,

-- Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin