Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,868   Posts: 1,583,288   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems the consensus is they suck. I didn't think they were that bad. I guess I was just kind of excited about the idea of an Ilford t-shirt. I've shot so much FP4 and Delta 100 I'd get a kick out of having a shirt or some other kind of swag. I agree the slogans are lame.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The Keep Calm and Carry On and derivative campaign is being done by tons of marketing campaigns. Kodak has one too:

http://exchange.kodak.com/projects/3...and_wallpapers

But, you do pose a good legal question, even if Ilford promoted a street campaign, do they sanction the selling of shirts with their logo? I doubt it...but they might look the other way too (my guess) because it is creating a buzz on the social net, for free....sometimes the any news is good news algorithm is in effect....

Personally, I wouldn't wear the shirt either...
    Last edited by zsas; 01-11-2013 at 11:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

marfa.tx
    make your own... printer + iron + iron-on paper + image

(don't forget to reverse it)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The designs are too "over the top" for my taste.

While I would like to wear a shirt with an Ilford or Kodak logo, I don't really care for the "in your face" style of the sayings under the logo. I'd rather just wear a logo on my shirt, maybe with a company tagline then leave it at that.

If you are using a traditional camera and wearing a shirt with a film company logo on it, the casual observer should be able to make the connection. If they don't, I don't see where an over the top saying will do anything. It would either make the wearer look like a poseur or insult the intelligence of the observer.

I prefer a more subtle approach. A solid colored Polo shirt with a "Kodak" or "Ilford" logo above the pocket would look good. Maybe a T-shirt with a logo on the back.

Let the thing speak for itself.

P.S. - The way I understand, anybody can make any design on a T-shirt, etc., that they want provided they don't sell it, present it in such a way that would lead a casual observer to believe that you represent the company, or display that image in such a way that would damage the company's image. For example, I could draw Mickey Mouse on a T-shirt and wear it as long as it was done with my own hand but it would probably be over the line if my picture of Mickey Mouse had its middle finger extended and said, "F-you!" Wearing such a T-shirt MIGHT be okay (as an expression of free speech) but wearing it to Disney World and walking down the midway would be right out.
    Last edited by Worker 11811; 01-11-2013 at 11:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agree, something far more subtle would be nice.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    http://weweartees.com/t_shirts.html
    They're also pretty ignorant, they're claiming copyright not to Ilford's stuff, but to the slogans, one of which I'm pretty sure is already taken. "Keep calm and _____" is the one I refer to.

I don't know from ignorant, but the "Keep Calm" poster and derivatives has been public domain per UK law since after 1989.
    Last edited by emayoh; 01-11-2013 at 12:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    These look pretty neat but I'd like to confirm they've actually been licensed by Ilford/Harman to do this (on the website it says they've been granted permission by Harman but who knows).
    +1. Well Mr Simon G., how about something either officially sanctioned by Harman/Ilford or something sold by the same? Your company's products, p.r. presence, and (of course) photographic products have won it a lot of fans. Many of us are quite willing to do some pro bono advertising for the Ilford films we shoot...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish they allowed vanity license plates where I live. I'd love to get something like MGIV FB, or FP4 PLUS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin