Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,110   Online: 1216

Shooter
    Medium Format

Question about developing Ilford HP5 in D76 at 24 C

Hello evebody, I develop my films in Jobo CPP2 processor in 24 C (because 20 C proccessor bath can't stabilize, air temp is 22 C) In film box is writen time for D76 at 24 C and for ID11 and time is different but developer formula is the same in different name, one is kodak D76 and one Ilford ID11. What time is right in 24 C> Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use the time for whichever developer that you have or whichever time you feel more comfortable with. The difference in times is unlikely to make any difference with your film.

BTW, back when I had my Jobo I had a similar temperature issue to yours (ambient air temperature was higher than 20C). If you want to process at 20C, check to see what your cold water temperature coming out of your tap is. Mine was less than 20C even though the ambient are temperature was higher than 20C. It allowed me to run a trickle of tap water into the Jobo water bath which the Jobo heater was able to maintain at 20C.

While D-76 & ID-11 originate from the same formula, D-76 contains an additional buffering agent that is supposed to resist the pH rise inherent in the formula over time (i.e. packaged D-76 is closer to D-76D than the original D-76 formula) and is packaged in a single package. ID-11 is distributed in two packages (The MQ in one package and the sulfite/tetraborate in another package) and doesn't contain the buffering agent (i.e. its closer to the original D-76 formula and its pH will likely rise over time).

Google for ID-11 vs D-76 and you'll find more info.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    you do not need the temp stabilized water bath for HP5+. If ambient is 22C, develop at 22C without the water bath. If you're using D76, use the time for D76...if you're using ID-11 use the time for ID-11.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin