Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,125   Online: 745

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Also, check your camera for a light leak or bad light seals. The foam degrades over time and needs to be replaced. I had the number print through problem on a roll of my own handmade film run through my Yashica MAT-124. That camera has no window at all AND the film isn't even orthochromatic, let alone panchromatic. My backing paper does pass a little light in a single layer but with no window it should not matter. A double layer passes no light. Turns out the foam seal at the bottom of the camera where the supply roll is was shot and had enough of a light leak to fog the film. After I looked at some Kodak Tri-X I had run through the Yashica, I found fogging to a lesser extent along the outer sides of the negatives.

I have a Kodak tourist WITH a red window that I have converted to use 120 film. I've run Acros through that with no number print through issues at all.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have never had a problem with light coming in through a red window. I suspect it's the ink transfer rather than light.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I used Hasselblad 1600 copy Kiev 88 with old sort of films and may be another 1 million used them , their film backs havent got even an red window and you can touch the backing paper and yes , for your all single advance , you must open the small window and calibrate the advance. There is no light leak , may be an roll waited in high humidify refrigirator or high heat or not fresh film including these cheap films make the backing paper numbers ink dissolve and impregnate in to the paper and make a semi transparent material like polymer reinforced glass.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arpinum View Post
    Do you see the numbers for all format sizes, or just 1 row?
    almost all of them
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I used Hasselblad 1600 copy Kiev 88 with old sort of films and may be another 1 million used them , their film backs havent got even an red window and you can touch the backing paper and yes , for your all single advance , you must open the small window and calibrate the advance. There is no light leak , may be an roll waited in high humidify refrigirator or high heat or not fresh film including these cheap films make the backing paper numbers ink dissolve and impregnate in to the paper and make a semi transparent material like polymer reinforced glass.

I think you may be right. Since the markings and numbers are evenly the same 'exposure' on the negative, I'm thinking the ink rubbed off onto the emulsion. Also the numbers aren't reversed if that makes a difference
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djgeorgie View Post
    almost all of them
    That's settled it then. It's ink transference rather than light through the window.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If DE is Delaware and if I am an Geography Bee , You are living at Atlantic Coast and some places have very high humidity.
    If the markings have same exposure , I think paper printed its ink on to your film. What is your camera by the way ?
    I wish you the best luck ,changing your film and supplier would change everthing.

Shooter
    35mm
    If it happens to all your films in equal measure the definite test would be to develop an unexposed film, but as Steve Smith says there's sufficient evidence to blame the ink rather than the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have never had a problem with light coming in through a red window. I suspect it's the ink transfer rather than light.

Steve.
    Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it can't happen to someone else. I've had it happen with Foma and Efke film with both a Zeiss Ikon Nettar and a Kodak Tourist.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it can't happen to someone else. I've had it happen with Foma and Efke film with both a Zeiss Ikon Nettar and a Kodak Tourist.
    Yup Tom, me too! I knew better, but took a chance with an old folding Zeiss camera a short while back. Efke film in that camera and several frames had some faint numbers on them. So, yes it does happen. Might not be the case with the Lucky brand film, but I can't believe they would continue to use the same paper/ink if it were a bleeding problem. JohnW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin