Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,586   Online: 920

Shooter
    Multi Format

How long my Ilford Warm Tone Developer lasted

I am not sure if this is interest to anyone but since there are thread about how long developer chemistry lasts, here's a data from my own experience.

I purchased a bottle of 1 liter Ilford Warm Tone paper developer and opened it on 6/27/2011. Used some of it a few times.
    Then realizing I had a lot left, I decanted what's left into two 250ml bottles. That happened on 11/3/2011. That means the original bottle was left nearly half empty for about 4 momths+.

Those two bottle sat for a while, full, and capped. These were plastic bottles. I used one of them and when I got to it today, which is 01/17/2013, 1.5 year since the bottle was first opened, was half empty and the liquid was fairly brown but not pitch dark brown. It worked just fine. Deep black.... fast development.

The other bottle looks clear. Just a very faint sign of brown.

So.... it lasted 1.5 year minimum and perhaps much longer.

Just thought someone may be interested....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting, thanks for the information.

Mick.

Thanks for posting this. I have a full bottle sitting in a friend's darkroom I mean to use someday. Really, I mean it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's a relief. I have the better part of a case of each Warmtone and Cooltone developers that I was starting to think I'd have to toss as they've been sitting unused for quite some time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin