Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,508   Posts: 1,543,557   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

do you remember the old Oriental New Seagull warm tone?

Do someone remember this paper?...it had a blue box?...I found an old box of this paper (grade 3).
    with kind of developer can I use with this paper?...do it work fine with Moersh easy lith?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It was a gorgeous paper, I used a lot of it developed in Agfa Neutol WA (a warmtone print developer Agfa usedto make) or, for warmer results, Kodak Selectol-Soft. I've never done lith printing,so cannot comment on that, and as old as it is, it may not be any good anyway, but it was an incredible paper when it was being made.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was my favourite paper. I miss it today.
    The papers that you have might be a bit too old so don't expect too much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some of those blue boxes yet, but Grade 1, not warm at all. Can't recall if warmote was in blue boxes too. They used to include a recommended formula with the technical leaflet.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format

yup great paper....

i used to have a tray of warm tone developer and cold tone developer and sometimes print the same negative twice and put a print through each - try it and see approach... see what the difference was, which i liked better, which had greater "depth"... fond memories. thanks

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a lot of the blue boxes. It lith very well. No worries.

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you very much,friends!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found 2 old packs in my darkroom today. Grade 2 and 3. Silver packages. Don't know if its good also found a box of 8x10 Pal grade 2. Ever since I started using VC paper, I never went back to graded.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a lot of boxes as well, grades 2 & 3. I've never liked the base much for printing normally; it's too creamy for my taste.

It does lith. In fact, I found it was one of the contrastiest papers I've ever lithed with. If I recall, I was having to hit it with 6-7 stops more light than a paper like Agfa MCC 111 (which I like in lith). In hitting it with this much light, the colour you got was spectacular. Spectacularly bad, in my opinion. Neon orange/green, with that creamy base. That was in LD20 and homebrew formaldehyde free developers.

With that said, if Guillaume uses it and likes it, it's worth another shot. You'd certainly need the right image!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still have a few sheets left from 25 sheet packs from 1994. I'll have to test it out. Mine is FB-N which is semi-matte. Marked New Seagull Portrait Warm Tone. Did they ever make this in a glossy surface? I recall it was very, very slow and very warm with a creamy base. Probably works well for contact prints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin