Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,904   Online: 1161

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beating up on Holga is very tiring, and not good for film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys.... Any film camera is a great camera. Holga, 4x5, pinhole, 35mm... pick one and use it. I've never even shot a 35mm camera.

Not sure what kind of experiences she had with this Holga, or maybe what she was expecting by shooting with one.

I'm pretty sure they were art students. Non of them out of the 3 had their own darkroom yet. Heck I told one that up till 2 months ago, I was doing contact prints in the bathroom, which pushed me to make a DR. All 3 combined I figured they spent somewhere around 700.00 or so, based on the pile of paper and film they all had.

I wished we could have spent more time talking about film and developing, but they weren't dressed to well to be standing in the parking lot talking due to the weather. It was nice talking with someone face to face that shoots film. No one in the town I'm in shoots with it.

It's been almost like a year since I've gotten to shoot with my RB, since I had to get another back for it. I think I may have screwed the pooch on the orientation of the shots of the guys I shot, because I may not have had the back in the right position. It's all good though. It was a great day to be outside shooting.

I wish I had of packed my 4x5 to let them see it as well.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a good reason to have a business card or such on hand. let's them decide if they want to continue the conversation.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I refer those people to Apug, but... these encounters are so rare.
    About 4 times a year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm hoping one of them will pop off an email to me. One of them knows my town, and I did tell them the studio name, but would probably have forgotten it, though it could be found via google. One asked to see some prints that I've done, but of course, why would I lug around prints while shooting some street work.
    Go to the light......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [

I wish I had of packed my 4x5 to let them see it as well.[/QUOTE]

See, it's like my wife keeps telling me, "Bigger is better"! My wife is always complaining my camera is a bit on the small side. Alright, she really says it's tooooo little. I have no problems with Holga cameras or that artsy/fartsy type of photography. My only question is why somebody would pay that much for a plastic camera when they could go on eBay and buy much better for less. Most old box cameras and plastic cameras from the 50's are really better made and the results are also similar. You can also take a camera with a better lens and alter it's image quality. Plus, you can reverse it back and have a decent picture taker if you needed better quality. Just my opinion of course, but at least they were buying film/paper instead of a "Compact Flash Card"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Almost sounds like an old pick up line, "come over to my place to see my......"
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Post some of your recent stuff Pfiltz.
    Always dig on your street shots
    Thank You Bruce... It seems I did have the back in the right orientation after all. I was a bit shakey with it, since I've never used a WLF before...

RB67 w/50mm. Ilford film, Arista Developer.

-

-

-
    Last edited by Pfiltz; 01-20-2013 at 10:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Go to the light......

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    But, oh, were my coworkers bugeyed over the camera! So I explained things like film and why view cameras are still used.
    I'm probably the last person at work still shooting film, but interestingly whenever I bring in a film camera people actually want me to take their picture. The weirdest part is that what seems to get them the most excited is having to wait a few days or a week to see the results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCo View Post
    I also find the holga hype so appalling. So many nice cameras around, why pick the platic ones ?
    why?

this is why ... http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=2517
    im empty, good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin