Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,101   Online: 885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Brought a tear to my eye....

I was in Nashville today to shoot some street photography, and swung by Drury's to pick up some 120 film. I stood behind 3 girls, non of which could have been older than 22 at the counter. All 3 had stacks of boxes of Ilford Paper. 11x14, 8x10, 5x7, in WarmTone and regular. Along with bricks of 35mm Ilford film.

They let me go in front of them since I only had 6 rolls of Ilford to pay for. While outside I struck up a conversation about what format they were shooting, and printing in general.

I told them I was there shooting 120 today. One said she wasn't wild about 120. I kind of cocked my head, and asked why. It was just because she had been shooting with a holga. I told them to come around behind my ride. I whipped it out.

I mean, I whipped out my RB67 with my 180 on it, along with the suitcase that came with it, with other lenses, filters, prism finders, etc....

I popped open the Waist Level View Finder, and threw the strap around one of the girls neck. I thought she was going to pee her pants.. while looking at the images she was viewing.

It was just cool seeing the girls buying all this paper and film. One girls order was 300.00 and change.

There is life after digital
    Last edited by Pfiltz; 01-19-2013 at 08:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A good sign for sure!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also find the holga hype so appalling. So many nice cameras around, why pick the platic ones ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think so long as you're really into photography as an artform, you will eventually be led into film, so long as you discover it.
    I am 22 myself and started only a few years back, after using digital gear. I use the rb67 too. Amazing "little" thing.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always love letting people view through a wlf even if it is merely 6x6 which is what I'm mostly using when the possibility of talking shop occurs.

The RZ really does it hehe.
    It's like IMAX.

Post some of your recent stuff Pfiltz.
    Always dig on your street shots

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCo View Post
    I also find the holga hype so appalling. So many nice cameras around, why pick the platic ones ?
    At least she is starting off right with film!
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great story! 300 usd is quite an order. Maybe they study art?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I brought my Toyo 45AX into work to photograph the view out the window. Not that the weather cooperated once I did that, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FujiDowntown-001m.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	62917

But, oh, were my coworkers bugeyed over the camera! So I explained things like film and why view cameras are still used.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by AOCo View Post
    I doubt she would be spending $300 on film if the holga didn't exist... Be thankful the holga is keeping film companies afloat.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what's wrong with holga - it's her photograph, let them use holgas if that's what they're interested in. not everyone wants a race camera like an rb67, even if they are cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin