Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,570   Online: 800

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Listen to them not me, they know more than I do...
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree with the develop normally. Two stops should work and if printing on multigrade paper adjust contrast by filters. Also you mentioned that you switched back to 400 for part of the roll.

I'm a Miamian as well.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would develop normally in Ilford Perceptol which is a speed-reducing, ultra fine grain developer. Tri-X 400 in Perceptol is rated at ISO 200 for normal contrast (see http://www.chrisjohnsonphotographer.com/charts.shtml and the Ilford Perceptol data sheet). So your negatives would only be one stop over-exposed, less dense and with finer grain to boot. The images shot at ISO 400 might suffer, though.

(Note that a speed-reducing developer is not the same as pulling the film. Using a speed-reducing developer will get you the lower speed but at normal contrast. Pulling will reduce contrast.)

Just be thankful you didn't under-expose by 2 stops...
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 01-21-2013 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    I would develop normally in Ilford Perceptol.
    That is what I would use.

Pull 35%.. Better to have a flat neg than one with to much density that will not print well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Were all the negs vital? If so and based on what you have said and what you have been told I'd go with the majority view and especially what Andrew Roos, backed by Keith Tapscott has said.

However if you can afford the risk(small in my opinion)to have some of the negs produce more difficult prints than they should then clip a few negs off the roll and try the Andrew Roos solution. If they produce good negs and prints then do the rest the same way. If not then try what Ronald Moravec has said or try it anyway. That way you won't be left wondering if Ronald's way might have worked better.

Often learning by doing is best.

pentaxuser

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    develop normallyand hope for multi-grade paper to save your contrast.don't'pull. that will make it worse. i'm also thinking about low-temperature development in combination with a pull, but i have not experimented with that yet.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just process normally, don't do a thing.

Shooter
    35mm
    wow, Many different opinions and solutions for the same problem. Since any of them may potentially be the correct solution, I think the best learning experience for me would be to try them all, although I like the perceptol idea with no pulling. I think it would be good idea to run some test exposing a couple of more rolls emulating the same problem best possible. Then decide based on results. I will store this important roll on fridge in the meanwhile.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by lhalcong; 01-21-2013 at 10:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    oh, by the way. I was shooting 35mm for those who asked.

Any opinions on Kodak HC-110 developer ? Can that also help in a different way ?

thx
    Last edited by lhalcong; 01-21-2013 at 10:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin