Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,433   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really love that last one. I so rarely shoot Pan F these days, but when I do, it never disappoints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys, all films are like women, "They're all good, but some are just a little better than others". Find a women you're comfortable with - find a film your comfortable with. Of course a women can divorce you and certain film makers can stop making your favorite film? Hey, life is not perfect! I'm with you on PanF and most slow films as they seem to have that certain look. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beautiful shots!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

DF

Pan F's strengths are textures in/of natural subjects - water., soil, leaves, tree bark rock(s) formations, etc. And the heavy contrast too - if that's what you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks gents! It is praise indeed when a few people here say you've done a good job.

The Mrs likes the first the best, but says she'll happily see both 1 and 3 hung on the walls, which makes a change because the wife is taskmaster when it comes to generating pictures worthy of decorating HER house!

As for the PanF....I think I will use it again. The proof set of prints I had didn't blow me away as much as I have had with other films, but maybe that is just a one off. In fairness, the lighting I dealt with was not ideal and I think coming out with 3 "qwall hanging potentials" is a good result overall. I have 3 rolls in 35mm too for my Nikon F5 that I haven't used yet (I love my Hasselblad so much my F5 has taken a bit of a back seat, bless it) but I think I'l give it a try.
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would love to see those negatives. Ted, I'll bet that they are underexposed.

This is proof that sometimes less is more. The subjective 'impression' here becomes more compelling, more evocative, than the amount of actual technical (shadow) detail. - David Lyga'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with your wife. I like the first one best, too. But, it's not the film. It's you, and your vision which makes it great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Thanks gents! It is praise indeed when a few people here say you've done a good job.

The Mrs likes the first the best, but says she'll happily see both 1 and 3 hung on the walls, which makes a change because the wife is taskmaster when it comes to generating pictures worthy of decorating HER house!

As for the PanF....I think I will use it again. The proof set of prints I had didn't blow me away as much as I have had with other films, but maybe that is just a one off. In fairness, the lighting I dealt with was not ideal and I think coming out with 3 "qwall hanging potentials" is a good result overall. I have 3 rolls in 35mm too for my Nikon F5 that I haven't used yet (I love my Hasselblad so much my F5 has taken a bit of a back seat, bless it) but I think I'l give it a try.
    PanF is not an easy film to shoot like Acros and lighting is most important, but when you get it right PanF is one nice film. My biggest problem for the longest time was slightly over-developing PanF and thinking I had a problem in the exposing department. What clued me in on that was when I put a roll of 120 in a tank with Fuji Acros and used Rodinal 1:100 for one hour stand developed. That roll of 120 told me I had a problem in the development end of the process. No blown highlights and no harsh contrast. I also agree on the Hasselblad! I have many, many cameras and there are some/most that I really like, but my old 500C and my SWC are a love. I used to run around and bad-mouth Hasselblad until I scraped up enough money to buy one. Such a well thought out system! I say, "If you can't take a good picture with a Hassy then you best not be taking pictures"! Truth is, there are many good systems out there and the price is more than fair now. Viva La film! JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every year that PanF+ film proves itself, it is definitely one of my favorite films too, not sure which developer i prefer more with it, but with different developers i get nice decent results with Pan F+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin