Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,192   Online: 786

Shooter
    Multi Format

looking for develop time for Ultrafine Xtreme 100 in XTOL

I could find nothing on this site and nothing on massive for this combo. I have a 1L pack of D76 I could mix up but would like to use up my XTOL first. Any help would be great. I emailed utrafine and their reply was that they will not give out any info regarding the film. Do my own searching for the proper times. OK. I Guess they want to keep the real manufacturer a secret. poor customer service if you ask me but hey what can i do.

thanks

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If a retailer said something like that to me, I'll be sending the product back. Development time for film is a basic information that supposed to come with every film. Not providing is not only a poor customer service, it's well beneath that....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My best guess is the Ultra fine is Forma, use the time for Forma's verson of Xtol, should work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that PDH means "FOMA".

I assume you have seen the chart of development times on Ultrafine's website: http://site.ultrafineonline.com/dev.chart.pdf

The suggested times there for the Ultrafine Extreme emulsions are fairly close to a number of other films (eg Tri-X 400). If you have X-Tol times for them, those times are probably a good starting point.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ill just mix up the D76. easier than guessing. thanks for the replies

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin