Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 908

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Ultrafine Papers

Hi there,

I've been looking for some papers to use for paper negatives and contact printing and i came across ultrafine website.

http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ulphpa.html

Their range of papers seems to be affordable. Anyone had tried any of their paper for negatives/printing?

Thanks!

PS: Sorry, I'm having problem with the search function here so i decided to post it here as well.
    FILM GUERILLA
    Film Photography All Day, Everyday!

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a pack of the Fibre in 5x7 but I haven't cracked it yet.

I've always had good experiences with them but I know a few have gotten some colorshifted film recently.
    They are always upfront with the dating and such so if you're buying expired stuff you takes your chances

I know this doesn't apply to the paper situation (or help you out at all ) but thought I'd throw it out here anyway. I've had good experiences so far with my dealings with them and would recommend them.

Plus they are an advertiser/sponsor here on APUG.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    thanks bruce. while searching from other forums it seems that there are a few not satisfied customers out there.
    FILM GUERILLA

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i haven't used any of their latest paper,
    but bought and use ( still use ) some of their
    "made in england" paper when they sold it.
    beautiful paper !
    if the new stuff is anything like the paper they rebranded
    from ilford you have nothing to worry about.

john
    ask me how ..

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used both VC and grade 3 RC for proofing and work prints, seems to be Foma. I am puzzled as why Ultrafine is not required to list the country of orgin. I find both graded and VC to meet my needs for work prints, I am looking to replace SAVICH (sp?) fiber for final prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    By U.K. standards these are amazing prices. A pack of 100 VC Elite 5x7 works out at about £10.50 We haven't seen such prices in the U.K. for probably 15 years at least - maybe more. At these prices I'd be gaily buying at using paper without a second thought. Ilford would have to go onto 24/7 working

I wonder who makes this stuff and how does Ultrafine manage to sell it for these prices and still make a profit?

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. It only revives in me and I suspect other U.K. based APUGers the old feelings that somehow we are being ripped off here in the U.K.

pentaxuser

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems that B&H sells also Foma as house brand as Multitone at about the same price, lower than Freestyle house brand. At least Freestyle has always listed the country of orgin.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    sorry about this thread. i'm just curious how ultrafine is selling papers for the price. would like to know if their papers are also rebranded like some of freestyle papers/films.. anyone can confirm this?

thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    By U.K. standards these are amazing prices. A pack of 100 VC Elite 5x7 works out at about £10.50 We haven't seen such prices in the U.K. for probably 15 years at least - maybe more. At these prices I'd be gaily buying at using paper without a second thought. Ilford would have to go onto 24/7 working

I wonder who makes this stuff and how does Ultrafine manage to sell it for these prices and still make a profit?

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. It only revives in me and I suspect other U.K. based APUGers the old feelings that somehow we are being ripped off here in the U.K.

pentaxuser
    FILM GUERILLA

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    interesting.. i haven't check B&H house brands.. i might end up getting some arista papers for my purpose. since there are no detailed info about ultrafine papers atleast freestyle is very open with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Seems that B&H sells also Foma as house brand as Multitone at about the same price, lower than Freestyle house brand. At least Freestyle has always listed the country of orgin.
    FILM GUERILLA

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama also sells a House Brand paper in both RC and Fiber and at good prices.
    I quite like the matte version of the fiber as it is quite warm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin