Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,588   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Do you have some memory of Sterling papers?

Hi guys!I found some boxes of old Sterling paper.
    It's very old,my "pusher" said!...the model is "premium warm plus" grade 3.
    Do you have some memory of this paper?....do you think it works with lith?...Do you think it works with normal developer?thanks.
    Ciao

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes I do, and I found "old" to be fogged.

You will just need to check before investing too much time and engery in printing.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree, it will probably be fogged. But why not just print a few sheets and see what you get. I have a few sheets of Sterling's Lith paper left, but haven't used any in years, so expect it to be bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried a package or 2 back in it's day. Nothing special compared to the great papers available. Made in India.

Shooter
    35mm
    Agree with ChuckP. Tried one box, not impressed, never went back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i recently gt given a box of sterling pro rc vc and i lithed a few sheets - it came out quite nice but the development was a bit uneven (see link) http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilfbif...in/photostream but i think it still works

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to deal with them a long time ago, Sterling has not been made for 10 years and the factory is long gone.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used some of their warm tone paper, but it doesn't store well, mine was very foggy after about 5 years. It was a nice paper but I was commited to using Agfa Record Rapid at the time for an exhibition (I don't mix papers).

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    i recently gt given a box of sterling pro rc vc and i lithed a few sheets - it came out quite nice but the development was a bit uneven (see link) http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilfbif...in/photostream but i think it still works
    Thanks for your link to your images. I have some of the same paper and have yet to test it - you've inspired me to see if it's still viable.

Also, that's the first time I've looked at EVERY photo on someone's flickr page! You've taught me that I REALLY need to open my eyes! I enjoyed all of your images immensely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    Thanks for your link to your images. I have some of the same paper and have yet to test it - you've inspired me to see if it's still viable.

Also, that's the first time I've looked at EVERY photo on someone's flickr page! You've taught me that I REALLY need to open my eyes! I enjoyed all of your images immensely.
    wow thanks very much, very nice of you to say so. if you have some of the sterling rcvc paper i really recommend lithing it. straight prints seem quite soft with it but they look superb in lith, lovely pink highlights and mid tones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin