Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,050   Online: 879

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many people new to printing tend to pull their prints from the developer too soon. Make sure that you follow the developer recommendation for the correct time. Kodak recommends 2 to 3 minutes @ 68F for their developers. Pulling a print will result in lower contrast and lack of detail. Print development is said to go to completion which means to keep prints in the developer until you observe that there is little change in the print with time.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-04-2013 at 03:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Many people new to printing tend to pull their prints from the developer too soon. Make sure that you follow the developer recommendation for the correct time. Kodak recommends 2 to 3 minutes @ 68F for their developers. Pulling a print will result in lower contrast and lack of detail. Print development is said to go to completion which means to keep prints in the developer until you observe that there is little change in the print with time.
    thanks, good tip. I'll keep that in mind.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Hi FingerLakesMark,

I will say red is the wrong safelight color, you are better off working without a safelight.

I know you'll lose the fun and magic of watching the print develop.

But you will have the magic of a better finished print.
    Bill, am I miss reading your post? Red safelighting is fine. Are you suggesting he does this in total darkness?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin