Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,403   Online: 1121

View Poll Results: how many developers do you use ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • none, a lab processes my film.

2 0.97%
  • one

63 30.43%
  • two

78 37.68%
  • three

38 18.36%
  • four

9 4.35%
  • more than four...

17 8.21%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Xtol, Rodinal, D76

Xtol for tmax films, acros, agfa pan 250, panatomic-x, sometimes for plus x and fp4+.
    Rodinal for Eastman XX, occasionally tri-x.
    D76 for tri-x, neopan 400, plus x and fp4+.

Color I send out though.
    Question why Rodinal for JUST XX amd nothing else and how do you have so much stock of all those discontinued films! Lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Rodinal (Adonal) or HC-110 for just about everything because they last forever, are quite inexpensive and work for all my films.

I also use Kodak D76 from time to time, primarily with the Plus-X (and Arista Premium 100) I still have around the place.

I have some Microphen that I have used for D3200 but I think I don't think I'll buy anymore when this batch is finished.

Lately I have been doing some color developing so I am also using Unicolor c-41 kits.

I guess I have to check more than four.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I like the look of xx shot at 100-160 in it, but I also occasionally shoot it at 200-320 as well but it gets a bit to grainy with rodinal. I develop it highly diluted 1:100 stand. It just matches well for me I guess. I have about 700-800 ft of a 1000ft reel in my freezer.

Dunno how I have all these films, I just bought them as they came along and was fortunate to get most at decent prices. But the fridge drawers and freezer is packed mostly with stuff I don't shoot too often. I've got a pretty hefty cache of HIE and Panatomic X in there as well. I just about finished all of my plus x in 35mm and 120 this summer. Good bit of ektachrome and even more of super slow ektachrome dupe. I finished off my tmax3200 but was lucky to get a a bunch of delta 3200 and portra 800.

But I think people here may have much more films than me, and probably more rarer ones. The only one I'm going to be really sore about not having anymore is the agfapan 250. I had one 400ft cine reel that I have only a few rolls left. I've been reluctant to finish them.

agfapan rewrapped in a bunch of plastic wrap
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360818795.975762.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	64116
    Big haul from a state surplus auction

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360818893.519699.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	64117
    A portion of what I shot on my month long trip to china this summer.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360819019.120198.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	64118

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I like the look of xx shot at 100-160 in it, but I also occasionally shoot it at 200-320 as well but it gets a bit to grainy with rodinal. I develop it highly diluted 1:100 stand. It just matches well for me I guess. I have about 700-800 ft of a 1000ft reel in my freezer.

Dunno how I have all these films, I just bought them as they came along and was fortunate to get most at decent prices. But the fridge drawers and freezer is packed mostly with stuff I don't shoot too often. I've got a pretty hefty cache of HIE and Panatomic X in there as well. I just about finished all of my plus x in 35mm and 120 this summer. Good bit of ektachrome and even more of super slow ektachrome dupe. I finished off my tmax3200 but was lucky to get a a bunch of delta 3200 and portra 800.

But I think people here may have much more films than me, and probably more rarer ones. The only one I'm going to be really sore about not having anymore is the agfapan 250. I had one 400ft cine reel that I have only a few rolls left. I've been reluctant to finish them.

agfapan rewrapped in a bunch of plastic wrap

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360818795.975762.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	64116
    Big haul from a state surplus auction

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360818893.519699.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	64117
    A portion of what I shot on my month long trip to china this summer.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360819019.120198.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	64118
    I feel like I'm having déjà-vus haha could have sworn I read that entire post before somewhere else...

I guess bulk rolls make it easier but I'm lazy, the only film I haven't shot is agfapan and xx, just never had any, shame, would have loved to at least known what it looked like.

I'm liking PanF in Rodinal lately but I'm new to it(Rodinal) but now I know what everyone is tasking about lol. I don't like HC-110 at all, wish I could trade it ill never use this entire bottle, maybe on experiments lol.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format

If we ever get the manhattan meetup thing going again I'll give you a few rolls of xx to try. I've given them out to a few of the guys to test as well. There is a bit more info on xx and various development info and results on rff too. This post reminds me that I have to defrost and roll some more soon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

If we ever get the manhattan meetup thing going again I'll give you a few rolls of xx to try. I've given them out to a few of the guys to test as well. There is a bit more info on xx and various development info and results on rff too. This post reminds me that I have to defrost and roll some more soon.
    Sweet! How do I sign up for the manhattan meet up thing? Can you PM me details?

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I voted two as I keep Rodinal in stock but my usual brew is HC-110 H (1:63) used with greatly reduced agitation. Consistently good with Delta 400 or Tri-X.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am at that stage where I am sampling everything. Film, developer, formats, camera bodies, lenses... It's all good.

At the moment on my dev shelf I have Adonal, Xtol, ID-11, Microphen, Ilfosol 3, Preparation H, Perceptol, TMAX Dev, and Ilfotec. I have actually used XTOL and TMAX Dev. There is neither rhyme nor reason for this nonsense.

And there's a bunch I'd like to try, including caffenol.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I am at that stage where I am sampling everything. Film, developer, formats, camera bodies, lenses... It's all good.

At the moment on my dev shelf I have Adonal, Xtol, ID-11, Microphen, Ilfosol 3, Preparation H, Perceptol, TMAX Dev, and Ilfotec. I have actually used XTOL and TMAX Dev. There is neither rhyme nor reason for this nonsense.

And there's a bunch I'd like to try, including caffenol.
    Ain't it just great fun??

I have the makings of Caffenol sitting in wait as well, but everytime I think I'll give it a try something else pops up. Lately it has been C-41 but that too shall pass. When it does I'll mix up some caffenol and try it with some expired Legacy Pro 100. I swear I will...Really...honestly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HC-110 for traditional films like HP5 and
    DD-X for Delta 100 (and TMax) or when I want to push HP5

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin