Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,249   Online: 800
      

View Poll Results: how many developers do you use ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • none, a lab processes my film.

    2 0.97%
  • one

    63 30.43%
  • two

    78 37.68%
  • three

    38 18.36%
  • four

    9 4.35%
  • more than four...

    17 8.21%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 142
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    15,765
    it has been interesting to see what people use ...

    i held off as long as possible before i posted what i use to process the goods ...

    once in a blue moon and for paid work i use ansco130 either 1:6 - 1:10 in a tray for sheets, shuffled for about 8.5 mins, or roll film

    i process everything b/w whatever format, whatever asa all together ( even color if i shoot it )
    stand developed for 25-30mins in sumatranol 130 ... its a strange brew of caffenol c ( home roasted coffee, not instant ) and about 1oz of ansco 130 / 1L
    ( i don't add the 130 every time, just when i originally mix the batch, which lasts for months without replenishment )

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Milepost 30 Hudson Divison NY
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    65
    Three years ago I settled on TMY-2 120 for all my work. I shoot it at 320 and pushed to 800.

    I use Xtol replenished for both

  3. #103
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,888
    Images
    222

    how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    it has been interesting to see what people use ...

    i held off as long as possible before i posted what i use to process the goods ...

    once in a blue moon and for paid work i use ansco130 either 1:6 - 1:10 in a tray for sheets, shuffled for about 8.5 mins, or roll film

    i process everything b/w whatever format, whatever asa all together ( even color if i shoot it )
    stand developed for 25-30mins in sumatranol 130 ... its a strange brew of caffenol c ( home roasted coffee, not instant ) and about 1oz of ansco 130 / 1L
    ( i don't add the 130 every time, just when i originally mix the batch, which lasts for months without replenishment )
    Yea yea you probably use Walmart for everything and buy a coffee while there and pretend its stand developing...


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #104
    Claudia Moroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    45
    Images
    20
    At university we only had ID-11, so for three years I didn't even realise that you could try different developers, duh!
    After I left uni, I tried to find an easy alternative because I had never mixed a powder developer before and I was a bit worried about it, so I tried Rodinal, but I didn't like it that much.
    I shoot a lot of Kodak Tri-X (120) and I develop it with HC110 (dilution B) or Diafine.
    I have tried Ilford Ilfotec DD-X to push HP5 (120) to 1600 iso and I love it, but it's quite expensive.
    Now I'm also using Microphen to develop sheets (5x4) of Foma 100.
    I'd like to experiment more combinations, so I have got quite a few developers on my shelves, I'll probably update in the future

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    15,765
    hey stone

    i haven't had film processed at walmart in over a year (i went with my daughter, 11 at the time to send out a roll of fuji to fuji)
    it was when they still gave back the negatives ...
    i used to go to sam's when there was one near me, it closed 2 years ago .. .
    but 6months before they closed they stopped send out service.
    fuji used to ( dwaynes ) process all my color and chromo b/w ...
    they probably processed 200+ rolls of my color film, and movie footage.
    i used to laugh when i got a note with the film " problem with your camera "

    i get my coffee at amazon.com for drinking ( pump seiko espresso machine, or perk, or stovetop vacuum pot )
    and locally i bought 75lbs for my film ... the world knows that target is cheaper to shop at than walmart,
    and none of the "made in usa" stickers don't fall off ... why would i shop at wallys ?

  6. #106
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,888
    Images
    222

    how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hey stone

    i haven't had film processed at walmart in over a year (i went with my daughter, 11 at the time to send out a roll of fuji to fuji)
    it was when they still gave back the negatives ...
    i used to go to sam's when there was one near me, it closed 2 years ago .. .
    but 6months before they closed they stopped send out service.
    fuji used to ( dwaynes ) process all my color and chromo b/w ...
    they probably processed 200+ rolls of my color film, and movie footage.
    i used to laugh when i got a note with the film " problem with your camera "

    i get my coffee at amazon.com for drinking ( pump seiko espresso machine, or perk, or stovetop vacuum pot )
    and locally i bought 75lbs for my film ... the world knows that target is cheaper to shop at than walmart,
    and none of the "made in usa" stickers don't fall off ... why would i shop at wallys ?
    Lol, wait why did you get "problem with camera"?


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    15,765
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Lol, wait why did you get "problem with camera"?


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    because i would purposely over or under expose, double/ triple expose or otherwise purposely not do things "right"
    and the lab had no idea it was ME not my machine

    i can't complain, fuji and dwaynes do a good job
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

    website
    blog
    sell-site

  8. #108
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Elko, Nevada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    944
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    it has been interesting to see what people use ...

    i held off as long as possible before i posted what i use to process the goods ...

    once in a blue moon and for paid work i use ansco130 either 1:6 - 1:10 in a tray for sheets, shuffled for about 8.5 mins, or roll film

    i process everything b/w whatever format, whatever asa all together ( even color if i shoot it )
    stand developed for 25-30mins in sumatranol 130 ... its a strange brew of caffenol c ( home roasted coffee, not instant ) and about 1oz of ansco 130 / 1L
    ( i don't add the 130 every time, just when i originally mix the batch, which lasts for months without replenishment )
    So you brew up a liter or so of Sumatra brew and then add in your other items such as the soda, ansco 130 and vitamin C? What strength do you brew the coffee at? Do you like yours weak or strong?

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    139
    I use Technidol for Technical Pan 135 and 4X5 and HC110 for everything else

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    15,765
    hi pioneer i brew it in a perk just as i would drink it ... 1 "scoop" / cup and an extra for the pot ..
    so for my 11"cup" perkolater i put in 12 scoops ( which translates to 24 tablespoons ) .
    then i let it cool a bit
    then the soda
    and stir
    then the vit c and it foams ...

    then a wee bit of ansco 130 ....
    i use stock solution, or spent from 50 prints
    i'm not too particular, my film is happy either way

    i don't use it 1 shot like a lot of people use caffenol, but i use it until i get nervous it is dead ...
    which tends to be after 3 or 4 months of continual film and print processing ...



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin