Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,821   Online: 977

View Poll Results: how many developers do you use ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • none, a lab processes my film.

2 0.97%
  • one

63 30.43%
  • two

78 37.68%
  • three

38 18.36%
  • four

9 4.35%
  • more than four...

17 8.21%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Starbucks is actually pretty strong compared to most other places... but yes I've drank coffee the cowboy method.. throw grinds in a cup, throw hot water in a cup, drink ... grinds and all ... puts hair on your chest!
    Close, but not quite. You put water and a handful of coffee grounds in a small, tin pot. Put that on the fire and start it cooking. Now you start your bacon and eggs, but put the eggshells to the side. Once the bacon and eggs are finished the coffee pot should be boiling good. Take it off the fire, throw the eggshells in to settle the grounds and take a touch of the bitter off, then pour into your tin cup.

I drank my coffee this way at home for years. The tin cup was reserved for camping trips but the coffee was made the same whether it was on the kitchen range or over a campfire. I think its also know as hobo brew. Puts coffee from a french press to shame.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Close, but not quite. You put water and a handful of coffee grounds in a small, tin pot. Put that on the fire and start it cooking. Now you start your bacon and eggs, but put the eggshells to the side. Once the bacon and eggs are finished the coffee pot should be boiling good. Take it off the fire, throw the eggshells in to settle the grounds and take a touch of the bitter off, then pour into your tin cup.

I drank my coffee this way at home for years. The tin cup was reserved for camping trips but the coffee was made the same whether it was on the kitchen range or over a campfire. I think its also know as hobo brew. Puts coffee from a french press to shame.

Hmmm I always drink french press so I'll have to try this with the eggshells ... the actual method I use for camping is I have a diffuser (tea/coffee) that goes in my nalgene bottle and you can "stand brew" or "cowboy method" per the instructions... stand brew is you put the diffuser in the top, pour in the hot water, then put the coffee in the screen/diffuser then cap the bottle and stand it upside down for x minutes... the cowboy method is the same but instead of putting the grinds in the screen you put the water and grinds in the bottle then use the screen to stop the grinds from pouring into your mouth, I kind of like this method "the cowboy method" but it's totally store bought and made up by marketing, but it works. GSI is the company that makes the diffuser and Nalgene is of course the bottle company.

I like yours though, rugged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey pioneer
    my grandmother used to tell me that is how she made her coffee for the church ladies
    with eggshells to clear the grounds but she used an urn, not a tin cup
    if you ever have any cardamom drop it in your cup instead of eggshells, it works great for taking the bitter off too,
    and it won't raise your cholesterol

stone, starby's only TASTES strong because the beans have released oils, it really
    has very little caffeine because roasting kills it.
    your stand brew sounds pretty tasty though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I drink coffee while developing film in either D76 1:1, or ID11 1:1. I sip scotch while developing prints in Ilford Paper Developer. Thankfully, no one has found that single malt will develop anything other than a nice, gentle buzz. ;-))
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I drink coffee while developing film in either D76 1:1, or ID11 1:1. I sip scotch while developing prints in Ilford Paper Developer. Thankfully, no one has found that single malt will develop anything other than a nice, gentle buzz. ;-))
    Haha oh man! I suppose you could use it as a wetting agent though, but it would be such a terrible waste! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hey pioneer
    my grandmother used to tell me that is how she made her coffee for the church ladies
    with eggshells to clear the grounds but she used an urn, not a tin cup
    if you ever have any cardamom drop it in your cup instead of eggshells, it works great for taking the bitter off too,
    and it won't raise your cholesterol

stone, starby's only TASTES strong because the beans have released oils, it really
    has very little caffeine because roasting kills it.
    your stand brew sounds pretty tasty though
    It's pretty good, and cheap! It's $12, anyone who's interested it also makes tea

It's called an H2JO haha

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/products/pdp/h2jo

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    It will develop a far-from-gentle hangover if overindulged in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1: reversal (dektol mostly)
    2: xtol
    3: c-41 (powder kits)

I use reversal for anything I want to keep, or for more seriousious work. XTol for everything else, but I am actively looking for a replacement. I just can't come close to using it up before it dies on me. I probably will go Thornton 2 bath or some pyro I can make from scratch, when I need it.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    1: reversal (dektol mostly)
    2: xtol
    3: c-41 (powder kits)

I use reversal for anything I want to keep, or for more seriousious work. XTol for everything else, but I am actively looking for a replacement. I just can't come close to using it up before it dies on me. I probably will go Thornton 2 bath or some pyro I can make from scratch, when I need it.
    I wonder if the OP meant B&W developers... Maybe not but it throws off the numbers for those that do all 3 (E-6/C-41/B&W) so even if they only use 2 B&W that's puts them over to the max... Hmm

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Microdol-X 1:3 for everything, gives me great tonality and excellent grain.

Shooter
    35mm

Three developers

1. DD-X for speed; Eastman Double-X EI 400
    2. Microdol 1+1; Double-X EI 250
    3. HC-110 dil. H; Everything else.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin