Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,395   Online: 1144

View Poll Results: how many developers do you use ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • none, a lab processes my film.

2 0.97%
  • one

63 30.43%
  • two

78 37.68%
  • three

38 18.36%
  • four

9 4.35%
  • more than four...

17 8.21%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And to make my film/dev combo list here is what i will go for:

-TMAX dev: Tmax 100/400, Acros 100

-HC-110: Delta 100/400, HP5+, Tri-X, Acros 100

-Ilfosol 3: Pan F+, FP4+, Acros 100

-Microphen: Delta 3200/400

-Diafine: Tri-X, HP5+ [both at box speed or push]

-ID-76 lol: both dev for Tri-X and Arista Prem and Foma films

-Pyrocat: for LF films doesn't matter which one, but i think i will use it for Arista Premium and HP5+

-Caffenol: as for test it will be used mostly for Arista Prem

-XTOL: If i will use this dev then the most films i like to use with this one will be Acros 100, TMAX 400 and HP5+, i will test Tri-X with it because i see Tri-X is a high recommended film but i didn't like it with D-76 even i tried many times, got not bad or good results but didn't beat my results from Acros and TMAX 400, even HP5+ was better for me over Tri-X, so maybe XTOL will make it shining and winner.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've only used Rodinal. I would like to try Diafine next.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodinal for 35mm, HC-110 for everything else (Rollei and 4x5).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

how many developers do you use, or have you settled on one

I've started to cease playing around so much with developers and am slowly reining in that impulse. Mostly I'm down to Rodinal and HC-110b now, though I'm planning to shoot a lot more 4x5 sheet film this year and would like to dabble in pyro to see what all the fuss is about.

Pyrocat-HD for most purposes now, 1:1:100 for most things, 1:1:150 for stand development, and 1:10 for divided development. It's amazingly versatile and I love the results.

If I was to go back to using 35mm, I'd use HC-110 again, but I've pretty much abandoned the format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC-110 because I'm new and had to pick something and it sounded like a good choice. So far so good but since I don't have anything to compare with I have no opinion about how good a choice it was. I've been using dilution D for my 240ml tank and E for my 480ml.

Diafine because it caught my fancy and I was curious about it, and what FP4+ and Acros will look like in it, also for a special project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have mostly been using two film developers: Rodinal for Pan-F, Plus-X and FP 4, and Xtol for the same ISO 100/125 and faster speed films. Looking back through my pictures, I seem to have the most success with Xtol. I do have a bottle of DD-X to try when my current batch of Xtol is used up.

Dave

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    DD-X for all the T-grain stuff
    Ilfsol 3 for PanF+ PLUS-X, OLD FILMS like GAF from the 60's etc.
    HC-110 B but didn't like it, had a nice shiny glow from far away, but the worst muddy blur of grain I've ever seen, but was used on an unfamiliar film, going to try it again to be sure.

Have not used but bought ...

D76
    Rodinal
    and for the heck of it just picked up an ancient can of Kodak Polydol that could be interesting...

I like developers that last a long time as I don't always process a lot, I get on kicks of processing then go for a while without. I prefer cheap developers but want quality over price so DD-X I think will always be my friend.

Really like both the ilford stuff, though I can't seem to enjoy Acros, it always looks muddy no matter what, I'm going to try something new with it, maybe Rodinal will give it that sharp look I want?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HC-110 H for everything except TMZ or Delta 3200, for which I use DDX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use T-max and D-76

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin