Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,420   Online: 1099

View Poll Results: how many developers do you use ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • none, a lab processes my film.

2 0.97%
  • one

63 30.43%
  • two

78 37.68%
  • three

38 18.36%
  • four

9 4.35%
  • more than four...

17 8.21%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mainly two: Rodinal 1:50 and Studional 1:30, although an odd time I'll use Tanol.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Update: I've now used Rodinal and I LOVE IT, such amazing tones, used with PanF+ I didn't see any noticeable increase in grain, in fact it was almost better grain than Ilfsol 3, of course this is a very fine grain film to begin with, but still, the look it had was great, so now I'm officially a Rodinal fan too.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I am a hack beginner. I have been developing for about 3 years now. I shoot 135 and 120 on Acros, Neopan, Plus-X, Tri-X, Fomapan 100 and 400, plus Efke and Rollei 80s in 127.

I use the same developer on all of them - whatever I have on hand

I started with Ilfosol-3 but hated it and when it became yellow I turned it out.

Then I went to D-76 which I really liked but mixing is a hassle and it wouldn't last past 6 months for me.

So I bought HC-110 which has lasted a long time. Always used it at dilution B (1+31) But was never all that thrilled.

Last weekend I tried HC-110-H (1+63) and got the prettiest Fuji Neopan negatives I have ever done.

So I think I will stick with HC-110-H for a while before I mix up that X-tol.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rodinal (although I'm down to the last bottle of my stash, and will be onto the other (growing) stash of Adonal soon...) & DDX for high speed films...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to use one for everything, but you, John, know that story.
    It looks like I'm using Pyrocat PC, FX2, Hypercat, 510-Pyro, DD-23, Divided D-76, HC-110, Rodinal, PC-TEA, and a super secret concoction of my own.
    juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Xtol and Rodinal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on the the particular film. For Ilford Pan-F I use D-23 for everything else either HC-110 or a Rodinal substitute.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have brewed many developers in the past just for fun (D-23, D-76 divided, Neofin Blue, Caffenol...) but today I'm settled with the following developers:

PC-TEA: my multipurpose developer
    510-PYRO: I use it mainly to develop large format sheets film
    Parodinal: for stand development when I need compensating

and Caffenol-C-H to develop 400 iso rolls pushed @ 800.

PC-TEA/510-PYRO and (pa)rodinal have an outstanding shelf life. This is also a reason why I love them so much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Homebrewed D-76d 1+1.

Can easily mix it up on demand from thimblefuls up to enough to paint the house. And the stock keeps forever in oxygen-reduced amber glass bottles.

Nectar of the Gods.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 02-02-2013 at 09:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Bad syntax...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've pretty much settled on HC110, usually Dilution H as a one-shot. If I ever decide to drag out the Minox B that lurks in a drawer here, I might try another option (but just as likely not!) My usage runs fairly haphazard and one-shot from concentrate eliminates any record keeping and anxiety; the stuff is always there, ready and predictable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin