Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,471   Online: 919

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

Tri-X Reversal Super 8 in Foma Reversal kit - times?

Hi,
    soon I am going to develop Tri-X Reversal Super 8 using a Foma reversal kit. There are no dev times published that i can find. There was a thread somewhere that claimed 7 mins was Ok, but someone in the same thread apparently claimed that Kodak's own published processing times (allegedly 1 minute) was also applicable with the Foma pack. Long story short, I don't have any verifiable times for the developing! Can anyone help, please?

ps. I've got the correct tank etc etc so no need to ask how I will proceed. I've also done this many aeons ago when Tetenal made a kit. Oh, and I really really don't want to mix my own formula just yet, thank-you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Datsun like the car? I have a 1983 280zx T-Top 5 Speed Stick, Red with Black leather interior in my garage

EDIT: sorry this is totally off topic but got excited about a possible film shooting Z owner.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Datsun like the car? I have a 1983 280zx T-Top 5 Speed Stick, Red with Black leather interior in my garage

EDIT: sorry this is totally off topic but got excited about a possible film shooting Z owner.
    Sounds really nice. I'm impressed. That's the car – but sadly I don't have one.

Now, let's get back to the subject, please ...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Talk to Jake over at Blue Moon Camera (they are one of APUGs sposors). He and the folks at Blue Moon sell that movie film and develop it in their on-site lab. They will know the times.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    Talk to Jake over at Blue Moon Camera (they are one of APUGs sposors). He and the folks at Blue Moon sell that movie film and develop it in their on-site lab. They will know the times.

Thank-you for the suggestion. I've droped them an email and am waiting to hear.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    I didn't get a Jake but someone called Sarah who said they didn't process Super 8 at Blue Moon Camera. So question still open, please.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..depends on the iso you shoot the film @. The Kodak film doesn't do well in the FOMA kit FYI..

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ..depends on the iso you shoot the film @. The Kodak film doesn't do well in the FOMA kit FYI..
    I was going to start at the suggested iso but thinking of testing first – hence my other post question.

I do hear you telling me that I should go another route – but first, when you say doesn't do well – in what way do you mean?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I successfully processed Tri-X exposed at 160ASA in Foma LQR, which is the developer included in the Foma Reversal Kit. I used it diluted 1+6 at around 12 min, 20°C, with no problems. See yourself : https://vimeo.com/39136131

For advice, I would suggest you to try plain Rodinal as 1st and 2nd developer, diluted 1:15 (66mL/L), 1st developing for around 10 min at 20°C. Browse my other vids for more details...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofek View Post
    I successfully processed Tri-X exposed at 160ASA in Foma LQR, which is the developer included in the Foma Reversal Kit. I used it diluted 1+6 at around 12 min, 20°C, with no problems. See yourself : https://vimeo.com/39136131

For advice, I would suggest you to try plain Rodinal as 1st and 2nd developer, diluted 1:15 (66mL/L), 1st developing for around 10 min at 20°C. Browse my other vids for more details...

Tofek, thank-you that's just the kind of practical advice I need! I also have a stock of Rodinal I can try.

I've seen your clips on vimeo which look great. But I can't see the detail on the ones video'd from screen and I wonder which developer you think gives the sharpest/best contrast image?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin