Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,397   Online: 1178

Shooter
    Multi Format

Problem with development or drying mark?

Please check around his left shoulder. This is the only image with that mark. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmax100_hc-110_small.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	495.5 KB 
ID:	63405

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you see this mark on the negative itself? Looks almost like a Newton Ring since it seems to have a concentric pattern.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a Newton ring! That mark is made when your film sags and makes contact with a glass at the center of that mark. It happens on scanners and with some glass type film carriers for enlargers. That's not actually on the film itself.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Did you see this mark on the negative itself? Looks almost like a Newton Ring since it seems to have a concentric pattern.
    Thanks Michael. I did not check the negative but I'll tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    That's a Newton ring! That mark is made when your film sags and makes contact with a glass at the center of that mark. It happens on scanners and with some glass type film carriers for enlargers. That's not actually on the film itself.
    Thanks for the note! great to know and I'll re-scan the negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin