Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 727

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its just one more step after the success in getting the negatives. In the mean-time you can pick up equipments for your darkroom like, enlarger, timer and so on.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the encouragement, friends. Most of the would-be darkroom space is already fine. I have a U-shaped wall with shelves on the long side and electrical sockets on all three walls. I'm going to need a sink with a line that runs to an existing drain as well as the removal of a florescent light that is in the way of the wall I need to build. Add a couple tables, install a safelight or two and a ventilation fan, put in the enlarger and I'm there.

My goal is to have complete control of the artistic process without ever having to sit at the computer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am afraid you may have to sit in front of the computer, at-least to present your work here in APUG. ;-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still use the uutility room off my kitchen for a darkroom. I develope film and wash prints in the kitchen sink. Having a dedicated DR sink is over rated.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rwreich View Post
    Most of the would-be darkroom space is already fine.
    Good! That makes things a lot easier.

Add a couple tables
    My printing space is also a small (8' by 9') office. I set my enlarger up on the L-desk (after moving important papers safely out of the way) and set up my trays on a 6' collapsing table—one of those that folds in half in the middle.

install a safelight or two
    Spend a few bucks on a Delta 1 safelight bulb (or similar). I use the 11w version bare, pointed into a corner of the room. It works in any standard screw-type household socket.

and a ventilation fan
    You have such a thing? Hm! I've actually never used one… Given, I can see where it would be a very good idea if you're in a small, enclosed space for a great deal of time with lots of open chemicals. Even standard B&W fixer can get to be a bit much. Erring on the side of safety can't be bad.

Good luck with it all. It sounds like you're having a great deal of fun already.
    Henry C. Gernhardt, III

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hgernhardt View Post
    Good! That makes things a lot easier.

My printing space is also a small (8' by 9') office. I set my enlarger up on the L-desk (after moving important papers safely out of the way) and set up my trays on a 6' collapsing table—one of those that folds in half in the middle.

Spend a few bucks on a Delta 1 safelight bulb (or similar). I use the 11w version bare, pointed into a corner of the room. It works in any standard screw-type household socket.

You have such a thing? Hm! I've actually never used one… Given, I can see where it would be a very good idea if you're in a small, enclosed space for a great deal of time with lots of open chemicals. Even standard B&W fixer can get to be a bit much. Erring on the side of safety can't be bad.

Good luck with it all. It sounds like you're having a great deal of fun already.
    Thanks for the advice about the Delta 1 safelight bulb - I really am enjoying this, and as of today, I'm 2 for 2: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-01 19.52.58.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	549.3 KB 
ID:	63518

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your post on the 1st made me smile Every time someone says they've just developed their first lot of negatives, particularly with "Success!" attached to it, I vicariously re-live the first roll of film I developed only a few short years ago.
    Congratulations to you (and on your "2 for 2"!) and thanks for the memories!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Molli! Take care...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin