Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,846   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format

PC-TEA Development Times for Films?

Just got my TEA!

I plan on mixing some PC-TEA shortly but wanted to have an idea of the development parameters for a couple of films I frequently use - Agfapan APX 100 and Kodak Tri-X. I also have some Arista.EDU 100 that I'll get around to trying eventually...

Any thoughts around dilution (1:50 is mentioned in the PhotoTech article), development time, temperature and agitation for these film combos.

Though I realize that these parameters depend to a degree on personal tonal tastes and the type of printing setup I use, any direction would be a good start.

I use 35mm and 120 formats and print on condenser enlargers. Generally speaking my "typical" scene prints on Forte Polygrade V at with a Polymax #21/2 or #3 filter.

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo
    Just got my TEA!

I plan on mixing some PC-TEA shortly but wanted to have an idea of the development parameters for a couple of films I frequently use - Agfapan APX 100 and Kodak Tri-X. I also have some Arista.EDU 100 that I'll get around to trying eventually...

Any thoughts around dilution (1:50 is mentioned in the PhotoTech article), development time, temperature and agitation for these film combos.

Though I realize that these parameters depend to a degree on personal tonal tastes and the type of printing setup I use, any direction would be a good start.

I use 35mm and 120 formats and print on condenser enlargers. Generally speaking my "typical" scene prints on Forte Polygrade V at with a Polymax #21/2 or #3 filter.

9 minutes at 70F is a good starting point for a 1+50 dilution.

If you prefer shorter times, as I do, 1+30 will give you about 7 minutes.

Larry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have had very good luck with 10 min at 68F for tri-x rated at 400.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin