Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,904   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

ADOX(efke) push processing

Hi,

does someone know developing times for push processing (35 mm):

Efke (ADOX CHS) 100 ; Efke (ADOX CHS) 50 ; Efke (ADOX CHS) 25 ?

At home I have ILFORD MICROPHEN, ID - 11, XTol , ROLLEI RHS .

Davor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember those are the Tungsten light speeds, daylight is a stop faster.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You mean Adox CHS100 has to be shot at 50ASA in daylight, CHS25 at 12ASA etc ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Ian. I know that, but I am interesting to expose and develop Efkes to higher ISO
    than it's nominal. It is possible with Acufine (efke 100 to 250). I need informations for
    some other developers maybe ILFORD MICROPHEN, ID11, Xtol, Rollei RHS .
    Davor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at the old Adox EFKE Data sheet Kb/R 14 is now called Adox CHS 25, the 17 -50 and the 21 -100. The old names were the DIN speed in Tungsten light, the new ones the ASA/BS part of the ISO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adox-Efke.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	63588

I think Microphen would be the closest to KR E24, you might use the EFKE recommended starting times, and those speeds you want are there in the datasheet. Many Eastern block PQ developers were similar to Ilfords published formulae.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofek View Post
    You mean Adox CHS100 has to be shot at 50ASA in daylight, CHS25 at 12ASA etc ?
    I assume it's the other way around; CHS100 is to be exposed at EI 200 in daylight.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I assume it's the other way around; CHS100 is to be exposed at EI 200 in daylight.
    That's right, in fact for a number of years a UK chain of photo stores sold EFKE films under their own brand name and they were sold as 50, 100 & 200 ISO films. So CHS 100 was Jessops 200.

I began using KB14 later renamed EFKE (Adox) 25 back in the 70's and in more recent years have used the Pl25 sheet film version, I expose & process at 50 EI, which is what I rate Tmax 100 at, and I process both for the same development times - sometimes in the same tank.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for (old) data sheet Ian. I shooted KB25, KB50 in daylight at their nominal speed, developed in TETENAL NEOFIN BLUE and results were very good. But, developing in PERCEPTOL is different , must be expose at lower sensitivity. Obtained speed is depending on developer. That is my experience.
    Davor

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    And Maco PO100 is supposed to have been a (maybe selected?) batch of Efke 50.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Under exposing by one stop should be within the latitude of most films and would be developed normally. Anything more than one stop will result in a loss of shadow detail. Extending development to compensate will result in higher contrast abd grain. Photographers do not usually push slow or medium speed films under normal conditions but just shoot a faster film. This produces better results than pushing.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin