Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,381   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Safe Android timer for tray development ?

The app of the massive development chart has a good and programmable timer.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the darkroom timer app all the time and I put an old box lid over it. When I need to advance it on, I lift the box on the furthest away side so the light is minimal.

It has an audible warning at each agitation, and a double warning at the end of each stage. Put it into flight mode if you are concerned about getting a call in the middle of development.

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used my Gra-Lab with a four sided black paper cone to shield any stray light and with a small opening, about 4 inches square, on a shelf, about 30 inches above the trays. I can then lean forward to check the time with no apparent fog problems. Since getting a Jobo, no longer do it that way.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks to all, many good ideas there !

My issue is not with the phone ringing, as no phone is allowed in my darkroom (the phone is a "business" one and I keep the damn thing shut of as much as is realistic), but the backlight.

My current timer is an LCD one, so it is unreadable in the dark.

I like the idea of using music, this looks an exciting idea, and would save me from a boring record of my own voice.

Chees !!!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks to all, many good ideas there !

My issue is not with the phone ringing, as no phone is allowed in my darkroom (the phone is a "business" one and I keep the damn thing shut of as much as is realistic), but the backlight.

My current timer is an LCD one, so it is unreadable in the dark.

I like the idea of using music, this looks an exciting idea, and would save me from a boring record of my own voice.

Chees !!!
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you need such a helper, try this one:
    "Entwicklungszeitenrechner" by Darkroom Solutions Ag. You'll find it at google's playground...

you have the choise between format, agitation, dillution, ... also you are able to store corrected times afair.

hth

Ho.
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I tried the voice recorder yesterday, and it's fine enough, at least for a beginning.

I developed 7 sheets and made only one mistake : the 8th sheet stayed in the box (and I spent 5 minutes trying to separate sheets, thinking two were stuck ;-) Note to self : next time, count sheets BEFORE puting them in the pre-soak !!)

This is so easy that I'm wondering why I did not try it before (OK, maybe gas for 5x7 or bigger is a good reason ;-) )

I may have some "pin holes" in the negs (points were the emulsion seems to be missing), one shows some marks (very strange, don't think this is uneven development), but I'm currently happy with this process.

Watch the classifieds, there could be one Combiplan for sale in the short-term future ;-)
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin