Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,056   Online: 930

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    It is surprised to see that B&H listed HP5+ and Acros at low prices comparing to Freestyle, so for few cents i will go with HP5+ and Acros is my top favorite film even if it is expensive.

Wish if that TMAX 400 was cheaper, it is my most used film so far before Acros 100, good i have loads of it, but i can buy more in the future if i need.
    Yes, I split orders between B&H, Adorama and Freestyle all the time. I buy my Acros from B&H because it's cheaper than Freestyle. I usually wait until I have more stuff to order so it makes the order worthwhile. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    look at the Arista films. Premium which is tri-x ..............
    Isn't this long discontinued in 120?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I may just not have found the right developer but I find Acros not that impressive, besides the 2 minute reciprocity failure rate, I'm not that impressed, it just seems fuzzy to me, "fine" maybe but such that all the edge just look blurred and not sharp. I'm thinking I just have the wrong developer (have tried Ilfsol 3 and DD-X which the latter should have worked but apparently not). I just pushed PanF to EI 100 in Rodinal and got much better results (price aside).
    I've had decently sharp results developing Acros in D76.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yes, my sharpest neg of 400 ASA/ISO was from tmy-2 [TMAX400], and i am very happy i did buy a lot of this film in the past, i hope Fuji/Neopan can keep that Acros in production whether in 120 or LF, it is really a fun film to use.

I will keep buying film as long i can use them, and as long they keep them in production.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems that now that Fotokemika has left the market we have:
    Kodak
    Ilford
    Fuji
    Foma

Other than Rollie Foma makes all of the house brand 120s, I am not sure who makes Rollie, some may be orphaned rolls of Agfa, over the years may have been coated by Fotokemika.

I have seen any Lucky or other films from China, dont know if China still makes any film.

Foma house brands seem to be the cheapist. I happen to like Foma 200 and 100 in 120 and 4X5, I also use Foma 400 in 35mm when I want an older looking film, Trx from the 70s.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cheapest B&W 120 film available in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    It seems that now that Fotokemika has left the market we have:
    Kodak
    Ilford
    Fuji
    Foma

Other than Rollie Foma makes all of the house brand 120s, I am not sure who makes Rollie, some may be orphaned rolls of Agfa, over the years may have been coated by Fotokemika.

I have seen any Lucky or other films from China, dont know if China still makes any film.

Foma house brands seem to be the cheapist. I happen to like Foma 200 and 100 in 120 and 4X5, I also use Foma 400 in 35mm when I want an older looking film, Trx from the 70s.
    Who makes Adox products? Need to know that Rodinal(Adonal) will be made somehow.

If they go out of business I'll petition ilford to buy the formula, Rodinal must survive! Haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who makes Adox products? Need to know that Rodinal(Adonal) will be made somehow.

If they go out of business I'll petition ilford to buy the formula, Rodinal must survive! Haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't get Rodinal even if it is still available and in production, even another formulas that are similar to Rodinal such as Adonal and Parodinal and such.

Well, my only solution and i am almost 99% closer to it is to buy the chemicals to produce Rodinal, i checked the formula and bought the chemicals, what made me laugh is someone here links me to Parodinal formula instead of Rodinal even i asked about Rodinal only, how funny.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cheapest B&W 120 film available in USA?

I can't get Rodinal even if it is still available and in production, even another formulas that are similar to Rodinal such as Adonal and Parodinal and such.

Well, my only solution and i am almost 99% closer to it is to buy the chemicals to produce Rodinal, i checked the formula and bought the chemicals, what made me laugh is someone here links me to Parodinal formula instead of Rodinal even i asked about Rodinal only, how funny.
    You have the full list of Rodinal chemicals? Can you post or PM me?

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have the full list of Rodinal chemicals? Can you post or PM me?

~Stone

http://www.digitaltruth.com/data/rodinal.php

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    But that's the old version? that isn't the current Rodinal/Adonal/R09 version, I know something changed, that might also mean the results will be different. Do you happen to know the current version's info? Thanks this was still good to have, just wondering about the current version.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin