Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,602   Online: 658

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Freestyle will ship by mail, just has to be ground mail. Unless Canada has different rules than the US.
    The Adox Adonal that Freestyle sells can only be shipped ORM-D - which precludes shipment outside of the continental US - no Canada, and no Hawaii or Alaska.

That is a US rule, not a Canadian one.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The Adox Adonal that Freestyle sells can only be shipped ORM-D - which precludes shipment outside of the continental US - no Canada, and no Hawaii or Alaska.

That is a US rule, not a Canadian one.
    Oh interesting, and annoying... well I'm sure that blaze stuff is the same, at least he's able to get it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Rodinal had been patented 1891.

How long do you think a patent holds on???
    The NEW version?
    I doubt there was a patent on a variation. If it were it would be gone long ago.

In this field raw product availability and not patent issues would be the issue.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cheapest B&W 120 film available in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I doubt there was a patent on a variation. If it were it would be gone long ago.

In this field raw product availability and not patent issues would be the issue.
    Ok, good to know. Well, I still want the new formula haha. But I want a LOT of formulas like all of the E6 ones... I want to make my own... I digress...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format

Just received my Ultrafine plus 100 today

I just received my 5 rolls of Ultrafine Plus 100 120 film today and did a little comparison. I don't have any Chinese (lucky or Shanghai), but do have some fresh bought Arista EDU 100. I removed the wrapper and about the only thing alike is the color of the backing paper. The glue that holds the wrap on the film is very soft and almost gooey. They are both on plastic spools, but the Arista(Foma) has a cross slot for the wind tab and the Ultrafine has a cross. Also, it looks like the Arista is either wound tighter on the spool or is a thinner film/paper combo. I'll know more when I process it. I have a sneaky feeling it comes from the people with yellow skin, but I could be wound since I have nothing to compare to. The gummy glue is the clue I'm going by.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    I just received my 5 rolls of Ultrafine Plus 100 120 film today and did a little comparison. I don't have any Chinese (lucky or Shanghai), but do have some fresh bought Arista EDU 100. I removed the wrapper and about the only thing alike is the color of the backing paper. The glue that holds the wrap on the film is very soft and almost gooey. They are both on plastic spools, but the Arista(Foma) has a cross slot for the wind tab and the Ultrafine has a cross. Also, it looks like the Arista is either wound tighter on the spool or is a thinner film/paper combo. I'll know more when I process it. I have a sneaky feeling it comes from the people with yellow skin, but I could be wound since I have nothing to compare to. The gummy glue is the clue I'm going by.
    Just FYI that yellow skin comment was a little racist and kind of offensive. I know sometimes people aren't aware when they say offensive things(like me with almost everything I say), so I'm saying this more as reminder but not at all to be a jerk.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format

Stop complaining about film prices in USA. Here in Brazil we pay 15 dollars for Tri-x 120 and 10 dollars for Acros. We dont have Rodinal or any other developer except d76, which costs 25 dollars a gallon pack.
    The cheapest way to buy film here is getting from eBay from USA, paying 50% more as import taxes.

BTW, all chinese films sucks. I only use TMAX 400 and Acros 100 in 120 and Tri-x, double x and acros in 35mm.

I think Stone said something about tmax and dd-x, Now I'm souping Tmax in parodinal getting good results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tmax 400@400 in Parodinal, 1:50, 20.C, 10 minutes
    Times in rodinal must be the same

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luizjorgemn View Post
    Stop complaining about film prices in USA. Here in Brazil we pay 15 dollars for Tri-x 120 and 10 dollars for Acros. We dont have Rodinal or any other developer except d76, which costs 25 dollars a gallon pack.
    The cheapest way to buy film here is getting from eBay from USA, paying 50% more as import taxes.

BTW, all chinese films sucks. I only use TMAX 400 and Acros 100 in 120 and Tri-x, double x and acros in 35mm.

I think Stone said something about tmax and dd-x, Now I'm souping Tmax in parodinal getting good results.

You can get double xx in your country?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luizjorgemn View Post
    Tmax 400@400 in Parodinal, 1:50, 20.C, 10 minutes
    Times in rodinal must be the same

Absolutely gorgeous! The baby one is my favorite!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin