Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,800   Online: 821

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by luizjorgemn View Post
    Tmax 400@400 in Parodinal, 1:50, 20.C, 10 minutes
    Times in rodinal must be the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You might have had to pay through the nose for that film, but by the looks of those shots you are certainly getting you dollars worth. If you have a fairly contrasty scene shot with Fuji Acros try stand developing it in you soup for 1 hr. I took a shot of a black steam locomotive with a Rollei and Acros and developed it in Rodinal 1:100 for one hour and was amazed. No grain and sharp as a tack.
    As for the Chinese film? I have tried some ERA film in 4X5 and it really was good stuff, but can't get it anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ok, good to know. Well, I still want the new formula haha. But I want a LOT of formulas like all of the E6 ones... I want to make my own... I digress...
    There was a LONG thread on the Rodinal formulas. Which one corresponded to the original formula and how it has changed in the years since then. I don't think that there was ever a consensus on these points. Of those responding Ian Grant had the most information.

What's better than a patent is a trade secret. Jerry
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cheapest B&W 120 film available in USA?

You can get double xx in your country?
    Yes, it costs 200 dollars 400ft can. Have one can sitting in my fridge.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    You might have had to pay through the nose for that film, but by the looks of those shots you are certainly getting you dollars worth. If you have a fairly contrasty scene shot with Fuji Acros try stand developing it in you soup for 1 hr. I took a shot of a black steam locomotive with a Rollei and Acros and developed it in Rodinal 1:100 for one hour and was amazed. No grain and sharp as a tack.
    As for the Chinese film? I have tried some ERA film in 4X5 and it really was good stuff, but can't get it anymore.
    Some day I'll try stand developing with paRodinal. Thanks for the tip.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Some day I'll try stand developing with paRodinal. Thanks for the tip.

I've never tried the PA version, but Rodinal stand develop 1:100 for one hour seems to develop just about everything, including C-41 film with really beautiful tones, it's like the answer to everything

However most of my B&W work I use it 1:50...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

IRodinal stand develop 1:100 for one hour seems to develop just about everything, including C-41 film with really beautiful tones, it's like the answer to everything
    However most of my B&W work I use it 1:50...
    Another convert to the Church of Rodinal! Glory!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Wow, that pricing is a Bi*ch

Stop complaining about film prices in USA. Here in Brazil we pay 15 dollars for Tri-x 120 and 10 dollars for Acros. We dont have Rodinal or any other developer except d76, which costs 25 dollars a gallon pack.
    The cheapest way to buy film here is getting from eBay from USA, paying 50% more as import taxes.

BTW, all chinese films sucks. I only use TMAX 400 and Acros 100 in 120 and Tri-x, double x and acros in 35mm.

I think Stone said something about tmax and dd-x, Now I'm souping Tmax in parodinal getting good results.

LuisJorge:

Those costs for film are unbelievable, I feel for you. Your image "pre-visualization" skills must be highly developed.....

BTW, great pics you posted, very nice results!

Stay safe

FL Guy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Another convert to the Church of Rodinal! Glory!
    Haha hey your the one who gave me the stand 1:100 advice for C-41 and it worked like a charm

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's simple: Rodinal, 1:100, stand (30s agitation in the beginning only) or semi-stand (30s @ beginning, 30s at half way) for 1hr. Develops pretty much any B&W film properly. Yeah, even pushed/pulled ones :LOL:

I use it with 4x5 when I want a pleasant amount of small but sharp grain, and when I have multiple rolls of 120 that I can't be bothered to develop each one separately & differently. Never really fails.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    So you're saying just pour it in at 1/100 agitate for 30 seconds and go watch a re-run of Route 66, come back, and any 120 film will be done?
    That about sums it up

And what about that god-awful Rodinal grain?

Go see for yourself:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=8892...odinal%20stand

and do that search (Rodinal + stand) on Flickr for other examples

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin