Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak what?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No it's on the Kodak chart
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j78/j78.pdf

It is not clear at all, but the new one is 6.5 minutes not 9.

As 6.5 minutes is th time for T-Max 100 in the current data sheet for T-Max 100
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4016/f4016.pdf

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Two additional points:

First, Kodak eliminated some colors from their film packaging a while back, ostensibly to save money (black ink is cheaper...). The film is the same, don't worry.

Second and more important, Kodak's development times for the newer generation of films have been notoriously inaccurate. They should be aware of this, but have done nothing. The times for Tri-X in HC-110 are especially crazy, sometimes approaching half of that for the old emulsion.

I would err on the side of longer development or even use the times for the older emulsions as a starting point for determining my own personal times.

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Two additional points:

First, Kodak eliminated some colors from their film packaging a while back, ostensibly to save money (black ink is cheaper...). The film is the same, don't worry.

Second and more important, Kodak's development times for the newer generation of films have been notoriously inaccurate. They should be aware of this, but have done nothing. The times for Tri-X in HC-110 are especially crazy, sometimes approaching half of that for the old emulsion.

I would err on the side of longer development or even use the times for the older emulsions as a starting point for determining my own personal times.

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin