Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,862   Online: 1000

Shooter
    35mm

does exist a similar film to the old Agfa Scala?

Hi!I've finished my stock of this wonderful film unfortunately and I'm very sad!.
    I used it like negative not as slide film.
    I would to know if there is some film that is similar to the old scala.
    The secret of this film was the highter silver quantity than the others films.
    With rodinal it was the most beautiful film my eyes have seen!
    regards

Shooter
    35mm
    Look for Adox Silvermax. It is based on a similar high silver content and it is meant for reversal and negative process.
    Search this forum and you'll find many references to it.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by peters8 View Post
    Hi!I've finished my stock of this wonderful film unfortunately and I'm very sad!.
    Why do not re-order it??

It is is still available. (From one of Apug's "partner" companies.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Pardon me, is it still available?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Agx you're a genius!thanks for this increible information!...I'll buy again my loved scala...Anyway the price in opinion is a litlle expansive!
    My"pusher" sold the expired Scala at 2,50 euro each film...with a discount at the end if you many films!
    I remember that the last year i bought the last scala stock of that seller,60 films at 1,70 euro each film!...beatiful memories!!!
    I hope find again a similar offert...but it's very complicated today!
    Anyway...I'd like to know if it's still possible to find agfa Scala in 120 format,it's not a problem if the films are expired.they still work perfectly!what wonderful film the scala as negative...I never used it as diapositive!
    The most beatiful negative that I used...
    I didn't find any film today that give me the same brilliant prints that given me the Scala.
    I don't know if is better to buy the last Scala's stock of Fotoimpex as recommended by Agx or if to start using and studing the new emulsion (from Adox?)that it seems to be the Scala heir...
    After all,sooner or later Scala stock residuary will finish and i have to look for a film that give me similar features.
    I know it will be very complicated because Agfa used a very high quantity of silver for the Scala (30% more than the others films!!!) and it today
    this seems to me very difficult to happen again...
    I don't know if this new emulsion from Adox is suitable also for negative use...and above of all with the same performance than the Scala.
    I'd like to know if someone did try this new film!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

does exist a similar film to the old Agfa Scala?

Quote Originally Posted by peters8 View Post
    Agx you're a genius!thanks for this increible information!...I'll buy again my loved scala...Anyway the price in opinion is a litlle expansive!
    My"pusher" sold the expired Scala at 2,50 euro each film...with a discount at the end if you many films!
    I remember that the last year i bought the last scala stock of that seller,60 films at 1,70 euro each film!...beatiful memories!!!
    I hope find again a similar offert...but it's very complicated today!
    Anyway...I'd like to know if it's still possible to find agfa Scala in 120 format,it's not a problem if the films are expired.they still work perfectly!what wonderful film the scala as negative...I never used it as diapositive!
    The most beatiful negative that I used...
    I didn't find any film today that give me the same brilliant prints that given me the Scala.
    I don't know if is better to buy the last Scala's stock of Fotoimpex as recommended by Agx or if to start using and studing the new emulsion (from Adox?)that it seems to be the Scala heir...
    After all,sooner or later Scala stock residuary will finish and i have to look for a film that give me similar features.
    I know it will be very complicated because Agfa used a very high quantity of silver for the Scala (30% more than the others films!!!) and it today
    this seems to me very difficult to happen again...
    I don't know if this new emulsion from Adox is suitable also for negative use...and above of all with the same performance than the Scala.
    I'd like to know if someone did try this new film!
    Just buy one roll of Silvermax and one of Scala and take the same images on both and compare, then buy LOTS of the one you like simple.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin