Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 754

Shooter
    35mm

Forte Bromofort...please can you give me any information about this paper!

Hi guys!As in the title:do you give any informations about this paper please!?
    I bought 5 box of this paper at a second hand shop and i don't know absolutely anything about it!
    please a little help!
    regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, Bromofort is a fixed grade cold tone paper. The box should have a code on it (e.g. BN4); this gives information about both the contrast grade and the surface type (e.g. smooth, mat, stipple)

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you...anything else?ciao

Shooter
    Large Format
    i think ...
    it had cadmium in it and split tones like a dream

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used it a lot years ago.My favorite cold-tone paper.
    The prints became almost "bluish" with the Fortespeed CTD developer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is an image in Tim Rudman's book on lith.....liths in a unique way. Only paper that seemed to lith truely cold without any help. I'd be happy to take some off your hands...not really good for anything anyway...(:
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Oh, you're a sly one Mark.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    It's beautiful paper! It was coated in former Kodak factory in Hungary. By my opinion it was the best photo paper made in Eastern block. Forma was second. I had the best results with their own developer listed in small sheet of paper packaged with every box, I think it was called FD-103. Also it was nice and usable after years in storage. Still have some left in 18x24cm, single weight, gradation: special (orange strip) and hard (blue strip). Normal gradation,about grade #3, was with green strip. Have fun with it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's great paper for straight lith (slow to develop, though--but aren't we all), but I love what it does in 2-bath lith; I have enjoyed fooling it in dilute Xtol (1+6, iirc), fooling it into giving up its sensitivity to fresher developer around the edges--one of the effects that you see in the example in Rudman's 2nd book--then into Ultrafine Lith 1+1+12.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hola amigos!
    Could you tell me the page of Tim Rudman's book with the photo printed on Bromofort,please!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin